Site messing up sometimes

Prashant Kumar Posted in Technical Support 3 years ago

Hello Team,
ossn sometimes compeletly messed up by Wordpress I think. Yesterday I received email that Wordpress plugins have been updated, thereafter site was completely changed from ossn to some Wordpress theme. Though I had backup and restored it. Again today faced an issue, when I clicked login than didn't see any response except all buttons disappeared. Any how I also recovered it. I think plugin has created some files or folder which are creating trouble for ossn. Can anyone guide how to clean ossn from Wordpress plugin issue I think. I have no Wordpress plugin installed still I see issue

Replies
German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 3 years ago

wordpress is installed for subdomain

And that means? Nothing.
(Sub-)Domains in general are just virtual pointers to a physical webspace.

You may have hundreds of subdomains pointing to the same directory ... basically not wrong or forbidden, but likely to end in a mixup in case you running different software installations in that space.

So check your server configuration again and make sure that each domain points to a directory which is neither a parent nor a child of another domain.

in Prashant Kumar Replied 3 years ago

Yes Z Man, wordpress is installed for subdomain but I received notification mentioning my domain name i.e. ossn. I don't know if this ossn counted as Wordpress website. Thanks

Most likely you're receiving this mail
because you either had or still have installed Wordpress in parallel to Ossn on your webspace.

in Prashant Kumar Replied 3 years ago

in my ossn website admin panel, there is no plugin installed, still I received mail. I know ossn doesn't support Wordpress plugins so never installed.

You wrote

I have no Wordpress plugin installed

and

Yesterday I received email that Wordpress plugins have been updated

That is exactly what I would think about first ;)