Live Stream Video like Facebook live

William Shoap Posted in Component Development 3 years ago

Is live stream video on the horizon for OSSN?

Replies
us MAURICE TAYLOR Replied 2 years ago

The audio video call component is uhhhh I tried it once and the person never came back to the site. It was trash no offense.

us Rishi B Replied 3 years ago

WebRTC (www.webrtc.org) has a many-to-1 broadcasting/video calling option that i think does what you want. it'd be no small task, though. it would also require a reasonable amount of bandwidth. it's technically possible to use webrtc without tying up any server bandwidth (i.e. purely peer to peer), but it'll make the "call" quality degrade pretty quickly.

us Philip Lozier Replied 3 years ago

@William Shoap ... that would be nice.... would probably have content creators trying it... but I don't see it happening when groups can't even get the basic things people are used to, and man... gonna end up needing A LOT of storage space on the server if people start using an OSSN site to host video channels! LOL! Would be nice, for those of us who would actually love to provide features like that and would pay for the server capacity required, though.

us William Shoap Replied 3 years ago

I am wondering if it’s possible to make the OSSN video page more like youtube in presentation, where users can create multiple channels and also subscribe to channels and view those subscriptions on the same page. T

in Prashant Kumar Replied 3 years ago

@larryBell, that premium component doesn't work

us William Shoap Replied 3 years ago

It would probably require a separate storage component for video that could save them to cheap cloud storage and give OSSN a side more like YouTube where users could watch video continuously

us Larry Bell Replied 3 years ago

@Philip Ooo Gotcha.

us Philip Lozier Replied 3 years ago

@Larry Bell... that is not live stream in the context that the term is used in social media. You can share a "live stream", which is one way stream from the source, and anybody can view it right from the post shared, and participate in real time text commenting. A video call, or even a video conference call, is not the same thing.

us Larry Bell Replied 3 years ago