Blog Conteng Reading Without Login

Prashant Kumar Posted in Performance and Scalability 3 years ago

Hello Z~Man,

I have observed that the blog content can't be read without login while we can read any post without login. Can we make a blog like posts where people could read it just by clicking over the link without a login? To make a comment of course people need to log in.

Replies
in Prashant Kumar Replied 3 years ago

It was not opening earlier when I wrote this to test, but I was doubting over me when you asked for a link, now I checked again in the edge browser and it opened. Sorry to waste your time and thanks a lot for the quick response. keep doing great work

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 3 years ago

No viewing issues here ...
here's a small cut... of the complete page
enter image description here

https://baatvichar.com/shared_content/blog/53/1616010342

I'm doubting over myself by seeing your confidence Z Man😅

Please provide that shared link url here

Hi Z man... I used share link option only to check this but I was not able to view the blog, it was asking to log in. I have latest content sharing installed.

To clarify:
All blogs are still public by default - selectable privacy is on my to-do list.

If you want to read a blog without being logged in you have to use the 'shareable link' of that blog. This shareable link is only available if the Content Sharing component is installed. See
https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/component/view/4922/content-sharing
The link will be copied to your clipboard on clicking "Share Link" below the blog as shown on the screenshot:

enter image description here

Thanks a lot, @Arsalan, yes that would be great.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 3 years ago

Well i don't much about blogs but when i used blogpost.com the blogs were public at that time. However I suggest the bit changes in blogs that adds a privacy dropdown allowing members to either make blog public or friends only.