Uploading Dev 3.0x

Jeremy Monroe Posted in Technical Support 9 years ago

After I uploaded the files, I attempted to upgrade 2.3 by running mysite.com/upgrade/upgrade.php to 3.0dev but the site states there's nothing to upgrade.
It shows I have ossn 3.0dev and update available 3.0dev.

Also, I do not have the side bar with the options to change anymore in the administrator page.

Any ideas?

Replies
us Jeremy Monroe Replied 9 years ago

Any update on timeframe as to when ver 3.0 final will be available? Thanks.

Margaret irawan Replied 9 years ago

I'm so happy installed ossn, even version 2.3 everything is good and work properly in my site. so appreciate and 5 stars for the team espc for Steve and Syed. I wish ver 3.0 will be better. thank you

I am definitely not expecting it to be just like facebook but it does look like OSSN has developed it to. There is enough Facebook already as well as clones.

Not sure but I will hang on and wait till 3.0 comes out and see if its any better before I decide to actually make the site public.

Thanks

us Steve Elkins Replied 9 years ago

I don't know...I have no problems with version 2.3...I think the problem is people expect it to be just like facebook...But yet what people don't understand is that facebook has been around for a while and they also have full time programmers that change things all the time...As far as I am concerned this is a outstanding program and if you do not expect to much out of it it runs great...When I am able to afford it I am going to find out how much it will cost me for some custom things to be added...But yet that won't be for a while.

Sounds good. Cannot wait to check out 3.0. Right now, I am not happy with the way 2.3 is running for me. Too many issues it seems. Could be something up with the server, but I doubt it as I have 40 other sites running different types of scripts and CMS'es and no issues.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 9 years ago

@Zet Man, yes i agree with you, In v3.0 we'll not show a development versions.

Will fix in v3.0

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 9 years ago

Problems like that are selfmade
http://z-mans.net/ossn-reports/ossn-update.png

Apparently it was already disabled by default when the script installed. I have enabled it now and will try using the OSSN Black theme again and see how it functions.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 9 years ago

Hello Jeremy , the issue is with sql, we have changed database fields and added new ones. The source code of v3.0-development on github is old and have alot of bugs, and will not work correctly. We are aware of these issues.

In your case, if you reinstalled v2.3 try to disable cache and enable it again. If enable/disable cache didn't solve your issue, then you can contact us on the link below with your cpanel password and website link:

https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/contact

I reinstalled 2.3. I am configuring it. Now when I click on view site from inside the Administrator section of the site, I get the following page. This happens all the time.

View Site Error

Edit: Actually, it seems to do it when I have the OSSN Black theme selected versus the default theme.