Users Profile Background Image

Joey Champion Posted in General Discussion 3 years ago

Hello,
Is there any way to add a gallery of preset 1040x300 profile background images that users can select from when they go to change their profile background image?
I have created a series of images that they can use. Presently they have to visit the "Profile Background Images" group I created to download a properly formatted image. Once they download the image they can then go to their profile page and change the background image by selecting the downloaded image.
I was just wondering if there was a way to skip the first step and let users select from the preformatted images when they choose to change the profile background.
Thank you.

Replies
us Michieal ~ Coder ~ Replied 3 years ago

That might be difficult. Here's why:
When the user uploads an image for their cover photo (background photo, as you put it) OSSN creates a file for it in the user's data directory, overwriting any existing image with the new data.
It's different to copy it to the correct file, from a stored file.
I'd be able to advise better if I had read and analyzed the code. But, I haven't had need to look at it and make changes. And, The OSSN team hasn't really done much to document how things internally work, so most of the 3rd party add ons are reverse engineered hacks at best. (As people try to figure out how to make things work the way that they want it to.)

-Michieal.

gr Hala Halaa Replied 3 years ago

Great idea, and maybe not only send them to upload they can chose to select form already uploaded !! or old Cover they used ? i wish some one could make it !