Only some pictures showing

multiser latino Posted in Technical Support 3 years ago

Uploaded pictures by users doesn't show sometimes they do if you refresh the page and sometimes only some of them and sometimes they disappear again any ideas
Only shows white small squares and some of them shows just right and not always the same so I don't think have to do with size
Also I noticed that only happens on my iPhone not on computer haven't tried Android yet
Any ideas and thank you guys
Oh also I have another osan old version installed in a different server working just fine
So not sure if that's the server or the new version in the mean time I am gonna try to install the new version in the server the old version is working fine and see what happened

Replies
Zuang Rabia Cozijn Replied 3 years ago

Hi, we are having similar issues with some pictures , after doing a bit of testing with various pictures (file size and ohysical picture size (WxH) , it seems almost that certain combinations of WxH are not loading , could this be the case ? I do not know how to fix it though. I have pics that are low in file size ( easy within the upload limit) but fairly large in WxH and they do not want to load . I have loaded much larger in file size but a smaller WxH dimension and they work fine .. what could be the problem ? OSSN 5.6 enter image description here

us Multiser latino Replied 3 years ago

Z-man Thanks you are awesome!! thanks for answering well the issue is been fixed That wasn't a software issue that was my hosting parameters the hosting tech support just fixed for me, I apologize and Thanks for answering though
enter image description here

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 3 years ago

Okay,
so I'd suggest to ask your provider to upgrade to a more powerful plan.

Issues like that are typical on shared/free/cheap hostings.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 3 years ago

Read
https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/1101/how-to-report-a-bug-error-issue

from Chrome right-click your site -> Inspect to open the developer console
choose the Network Tab and select Img
then load the page with issues and provide a screenshot to let us know the status codes. like

Never mind issue still sometimes show pics randomly sometime they just flash on and then disappear and if I keep cache deactivate site doesn't even load or takes forever
So please help with this issue

Update:
I fixed my self deactivating the cache
but now the site doesn't show right :(

3er Update Just checken on my computer is doing the same only flash the pic for a sec and then is gone only showing a white square
so Is not the iphone issue
oh and I tried different browsers so ain't the browser
I don't know it could be the server or the pictures size I am guessing but still sucks , please help

2nd update
Wasn't able to install v5.6 over my server with old version currently installed and running because the follow error message

The following errors were found :

Required PHP version greater than or equal to 7.0.0 AND found version is : 5.6.40
Do you wish to enable PHP 7.1.33 ? (Might cause issues with your existing installations).

Ps no trying to fix that all I wanna fix is the new fresh installation no showing pictures correctly

Update I forgot to mention some of the pictures flash and then disappear and if you scroll down the older ones some of them show up some doesn't