Upgraded to OSSN 6.0 and nothing really works...Somethings do

Joel Sullivan Posted in Technical Support 3 years ago

Upgraded to OSSN 6.0 from 5.7 and my dropdowns don't work. When I hover over them I get a "javascript:void(0);"
I followed the guide and with no luck. I can get to different parts of the site if i enter the URL directly.

I've tried to reload php/apache/sql with no luck.
I've tried this a few times and I still get the some outcome.
Theme is GoBlue
Cache is still disabled. (When I do enable cache it stuffs up the layout of the site and is useable).
File version and OSSN version say 6.0

Let me know if you need anymore info.
Kudos :)

Replies
au Joel Sullivan Replied 3 years ago

@ralph try using a different browser or clear cache on you current one. Things will work. Same issue I had.
As Arsalan said: Its issue with boostrap 3.x js file cached. After clearing browser cache its working fine.

us Ralph Pearcy Replied 3 years ago

it don't give me an error just the drop down menus don't work on my site facesplash.org

I couldn't even turn the cache back on or anything it would not let me use the drop down menu for anything i could not get back in the admin panel or the part to turn cache back on

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 3 years ago

@Balamurali for your social network version its different https://www.openteknik.com/wiki/view/28470/how-to-upgrade-my-premium-social-network-to-newest-version

You can't replace files as some files are removed on purpose if they exists after upgrade you will get errors.

@Balamurali
Yeah just copy and overwrite those existing files. You may need to change some of the photos in your themes.
All I did was "unzip ossn-v6.0-1632413382.zip" then A for All.

You may need to update some components tho.

For the theme if it has been updated to support version 6 then yes.

in Balamurali Govindan Replied 3 years ago

To upgrade we just need to copy the files on top of the existing files? That's it or is there an Upgrade tool/utility? For DB changes do we need to run any script?

Please help.

Also will this work for the white theme?

@Ralph, did you clear your cache on your browser? Try logging in with incognito mode.
What does your error log say?
cat /var/www/html/ossn/error.log

i went to upgrade to ossn 6.0 and it tells me that there is nothing to upgrade and then when i go to the4 site i can use the drop down menus or anything it messed up my whole site i had to redo it all

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 3 years ago

Its issue with boostrap 3.x js file cached. After clearing browser cache its working fine.

Don't worry guys. It has started to work. No idea how or why. But it does