What Software for DIY Edits?

tyler h Posted in Theme Development 2 years ago

I'd like to make some small changes to the theme I'm using. From my understanding, I'll need to use a PHP editor to do that. The editors I looked at seemed capable of making a new page, but not for editing existing. Does anyone have a software recommend to help me add some text to a page?

Replies
us Michieal ~ Coder ~ Replied 2 years ago

I use JetBrains' phpstorm, personally. But, I have yet to see anything close to a WYSIWYG editor that can handle php. And, most of OSSN's code is PHP and some Javascript (web).
So, is there software that lets you drag and drop things in, so that you can make your own theme / edit an existing theme? No. At least, not that I have ever seen (counting Windows and Linux systems).

DreamWeaver might but I don't think that it handles much php, unless they have added that in. (I've not kept up on it, as there's not a Linux version available.)

Catalan Tyler h Replied 2 years ago

Recommendations of Notepad++ might be out of my knowledge base. I wanted to use a drag and drop software, can notpad++ do that? I didnt see it when I was playing around with it. Does no drag and drop software exist that will help me build the site or is it taboo to talk about that in public?