OSSN is not compliant with the new policies of Google Play Store

Alexandre Barbosa Posted in General Discussion 2 years ago

Hi,
I have a OSSN app at google play store and I receveid a e-mail from Google Play at 6th April 2022 (last month) about Upcoming new policies.

Part of the e-mail I received:
enter image description here

Replies
Breton Alexandre Barbosa Replied 2 years ago

Ok, I will use this.
Thank you guys!

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 2 years ago

@Alex, the component https://www.openteknik.com/product/view/1768/reported-contents supports the posts, comments, profile, user can report these three things.

@Alex, the component https://www.openteknik.com/product/view/1768/reported-contents supports the posts, comments, profile, user can report these three things.

Arsalan, The PWA is fantastic! It works great! Congratulation for the great work you guys have done! But, Google Play Store is still a important "shop windows". I believe most of the people that uses OSSN want to show their Apps there too.

Adding Your Progressive Web App to Google Play
https://developers.google.com/codelabs/pwa-in-play#0

I don't know how to code yet, I want to learn soon. So, please Arsalan, make that button for us, so we can keep our ossn app in google play store too. Thank you!

Thank you very much Allon!

us Allon Prooit Replied 2 years ago

I had this problem with the Google Play Store too. You need to have the Reported Contents component installed so that users can report content. It's available through OpenTeknik at... https://www.openteknik.com/product/view/1768/reported-contents
After installing go to a post and use the right arrow next to the post to show the "Report Content" selection. You will need to screenshot this and submit it to the Play Store to get your app published as far as I am aware. Hoping this helps! Also, I believe the component is included with the purchase of the Premium version of OSSN.

The rejection have nothing to do with OSSN as we have no official play store app. Simply copy a poke and create a report with dummy action they will approve your app :)

Yestarday I uploaded another OSSN app (not a new version of my old app, but another social network to other kind of public) to Google Play Store. This my new uploaded app was rejected and I received the following e-mail from them:

Hi Developers

After a recent review, we found that your app is not compliant with one or more of our Developer Program Policies. See below for more information about your app’s status and how to correct the issue.

Issue with your app
Your app contains or features User Generated Content (UGC) that doesn’t comply with the User Generated Content policy.

Issue details

We found an issue in the following area(s):
In-app experience: Please see attached screenshot InAppExperience-351.png

Please note that user-generated content is content that users contribute to an app, and which is visible to or accessible by at least a subset of the app's users. This includes, but is not limited to: user profiles, comments, media, posts, etc.

As such, our guidelines require that apps containing UGC content, whether or not it is the app’s primary purpose, MUST have the following features/functionalities:
Provide a user-friendly, in-app system for reporting objectionable UGC and take action against that UGC where appropriate which includes:
Allowing users to report/flag other users for potential violations
Allowing users to report/flag potential violating content
During our review of your app, we found objectionable content and/or potentially missing UGC features. We kindly ask that you re-check your app and make sure that ALL these functionalities are in place for your users. We also ask that you review the User Generated Content policy to ensure your app features ALL the requirements outlined in the help article.

If your app is missing one or more of the UGC features, please make sure you add them to your app before resubmission.

We recommend that all required functionalities are labeled and/or designed in a way that is clear for the users to avoid confusion. You can self-resolve this issue by ensuring all required UGC features are properly implemented. If your issue has already been resolved, OR if you have updated your app on Play Console and submitted them for review, no further action is required from you and you do not need to reach out to us.

If you’ve reviewed the UGC policy and feel our decision may have been in error because all the UGC required features in your app actually exist and are reasonably identifiable to your users, please reach out to our policy support team.

The image attached the google play team sent to me:
enter image description here