Remove last name from ossn?

Dominik L Posted in General Discussion 1 year ago

If I want to remove last name from my Social Network - do I've to change the theme or the system files?

Replies
French David Athome Replied 10 months ago

The family name can be edited afterwards anyway, so signup surname is just needed data for signup, thing is, you are not aware that you can put anything you like, zero ID check. Other than email verification, which is normal.

No worries...its hard to keep ontop all the time, we need more processors and ram ourselves. :) I am at 99% most days here lol.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 10 months ago

Sometime we miss these bots replies to delete. Thanks for highlighting though removed them already. We have many traps but these are humans doing advertising.

Must be annoying eh!

Do you have any old fashioned honey traps setup?

That used to be a good way of catching spammers.

I used to run Woltlab forums in my younger days... antispam has probably progressed a lot but maybe not if they are getting through.

Also I guess auto verification for signups and posts saves time but unleashes hell lol.

Dave

3 months ago?

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 10 months ago

@David these are bots we delete everyday. These bots now uses CHAT GPT to generate response.

Are these below paid ads?

gb George York Replied 1 year ago

I used to want to delete it like you but couldn't delete it spider solitaire 2 suit

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 1 year ago

It is required and can not be removed, See DisplayUsername component