Reminder to Theme Devs

Anton Paradise Posted in Theme Development 1 year ago

Any themes should be updated to Bootstrap v5.2.3 CSS and JavaScript because of the increase in devices and operating systems and all Browsers, Be great to see some HTML5 as well. I am not seeing many updates on themes which is so important and will keep the software fast and light. Just thinking out loud ;)) all the best guys.

Replies
Dutch Anton Paradise Replied 12 months ago

Michael Zülsdorff that's a better reply. I used to manage developers in a team, and also develop software in the chat market so I assumed that everyone would know what I meant by keeping all things up to date. With the new bootstrap update, you can do more to the software also it keeps your components and themes, mainly themes working smoothly on all devices, that was what I was recommending keeping everything up to date. For me, the birthdays component has never worked so I turn it off, I guess that's a bit more helpful for you guys to know ;))

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 1 year ago

Honestly, I'm not so sure what makes a true developer, as here are numerous people who contributed their work and ideas the one or other way. Me, I'm more that kind of 'never touch a running system' guy, that's true. But again: Name a concrete example my theme can't handle - and I'll have a look and try to fix it.

Dutch Anton Paradise Replied 1 year ago

Michael Zülsdorff, I think the words (all platforms) really do answer what I am saying. If you are a developer you will understand that keeping everything up to date from themes to components will keep up with today's devices/browsers and so on.....
Also if you want long-time users with Ossn you will need to test yourself that everything is compatible with all devices or most at a stretch. I am a developer but not for Ossn, but I am a User of Ossn, so just thinking out loud as I don't see many updates going on. Don't make a big thing of it Michael Zülsdorff. Everyone else gets it.....

Anton,
it would be much more helpful if you could name a few examples (Device / OS / Browser / Theme), please, that didn't / don't work with Ossn.

Dutch Anton Paradise Replied 1 year ago

Michael Zülsdorff not sure you understand what I am saying.........
Updating everything keeps everything running smoothly for all platforms and fewer errors or conflicts.

German Mattingly foster Replied 1 year ago

Thank you for sharing , I will try to figure out more .

Keeping the software light?
Sorry, but that looks more like talking off the grid.

bootstrap-5.1.3.min.css: 76.3 kB
bootstrap-5.2.3.min.css: 78.5 kB

bootstrap-5.1.3.min.js: 160.0 kB
bootstrap-5.2.3.min.js: 190.3 kB

Nothing's getting lighter - right the opposite.