User action logs.... Suspicious activity.

David Athome Posted in Technical Support 11 months ago

Is it possible to have every user action logged.

Time, date, action. Post, edit, delete etc etc.

I have apache access logs but not forensic enough when it comes to odd goings on as I am experiencing at the moment .

Thanks.

Replies
French David Athome Replied 10 months ago

Super., no one mentioned that here. : ) Glad its fixed.. its a nice addon. I updated, surprised it got through QC though.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 10 months ago

David 2 weeks ago I mentioned the bug with Privacy Change and was fixed same day :)

Anyway, I guess it is my fault.

I have version 6.1 installed as is obvious in the image I posted. I installed 2 weeks ago, update seems to be 1 week ago apparently, I guess some sort of auto component update or notification would be nice.

I suppose someone could have acknowledged the problem here like the author and also advised me to update when it was fixed!

Will update to 6.2 straight away and see if funny happenings go away.

Is this module / component part of the full version which I am close to buying? Or is it a third party extra? It is a very nice addon, all the features seem to be a bit confusing, when we have a hosted version we get more stuff than actually purchasing the full software?

Ah, looks like it may not be me after all. Privacy Changer addon as you mentioned seems to delete intro txt on post, also I tried on another with a youtube vid embeded and it removed the intro txt and the vid. Comments on the intial post don't seem to be affected. That's been doing my head in. If you need some more info let me know, I will continue looking at it later.

I think I know what was happening, because I was testing I was maybe looking at things in a user account not friended etc. Switching through accounts testing etc....

Mixed with nice wine and ... started to imagine things.

David

French David Athome Replied 11 months ago

No no, its me I think, just forgetting to save or something like a glass or 2 too much of wine.. Brand new with OSSN, I do not think its a addon etc which maybe could be implied from my txt and image, it was the last thing on my mind, basically I think I have allowed someone on my test site who may be trying to spoil things for me, I emailed privately because he could be looking here to see if I am looking for help. I am almost certain it is my mistake and since I have been paying attention... no problems. I love your software and all the addons etc...

I think a action log is a good idea, I use virtualmin...no plug... and it has an actions log which is very clever and can allow you to see all actions within the software.

All the best to you and everyone who contributes.....

Too old in the tooth to develop complex stuff. Be a interesting thing though to do in retirement.

Will have other Q's no doubt and if I can answer other peoples as I get used to the software I will help where I can.

David

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 11 months ago

@David I can not provide the solution because it requires component to log those actions, however I checked Privacy Changer (my best guess was) Bug is with Privacy Changer. I will submit new version for review to Michael

Sorry my mistake completely.

Thank you so much for all your help.

Thanks.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 11 months ago

David,
what should we imagine by "suspicious activity" or someone is "playing" with you?
Try to describe exactly what was/is happening - and we might get an idea.

Arsalan you are far too advanced for me, so how do I add that to a Option to view in the Admin main panel.

So I can look at any time and date to see what any user did at that particular time., logs are logs so it will take up some space but not a lot. Would be a nice feature for reflection when things go wrong etc...

Regards..