Hide sections and URLs from all users except the administrator

yanick beaulieu Posted in Technical Support 3 months ago

I'd like to hide some information from the general public actually
I want to hide pages in the bar on the side, so far its going great on the other hand the url link is still activated if I want to hide this but that the page is visible I call it a security breach is it possible to help me hide the url link

Replies
Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 3 months ago

if you hide all files page it will make the files of users hidden itself. So users who upload the files won't be able to see it. Users who upload files are published to public by default. So in any case public can see the files.

You said :

If the person does not want the world to be able to see his photos download

Private network component will make your network private so i think it make sense to use private network so content is for users only?

Also album have option to set album for friends only or public. So doesn't make sense for him to set album friends only?

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 3 months ago

Yes, I wanted to know your requirements precisely because there's a big coding difference between your initial request "Hide URLs from all users except the administrator" and (dis-)allowing just certain URLs. as you wrote in the end.

Thus, for the first part the answer is: Yes, it's possible by means of an additional component. There's sample code which way to hide a link in the Restrict Group Creation component and there's sample code of how to interact with Ossn's page handler inside of the OssnBlock component.

But your final requirement can't be accomplished without having file based permission setting opportunities being part of the File Sharing component. So you'd better ask openteknik.com to develop a customized version for you.

Catalan Yanick beaulieu Replied 3 months ago

I would like to know if it is possible simply I understand that you would like to have the reason why I do it is that bin precisely I do not want him to share their file with everyone only when he adds it to a publication otherwise the content I want him to remain private the community that I want security and the possibility to keep their information for them so if the person does not want the world to be able to see his photos download I would like the link to be visible only by his user! Otherwise they will think it's a security flaw in their eyes! Is it possible to make it visible only by his host or by the admin only?

Still don't get the point.
The files/all page is intentionally meant to list and share files in your community.
Hence, after restricting this link: Why would a member upload any file if nobody else (except the administrator) is able to fetch it?

Indeed sorry it's not very clear, I'm given the programming that allows me to hide certain things to all visible only by the administrator on the other hand even if I hide it people we access by the link I will give an example

If I hide the Visible File tab that the administrator has I would also like to hide the web link the url that it is visible that the administrator has

Sorry, but it's hard to understand what your aiming at in the end?
One time you wrote:
"I'd like to know how to block a page temporarily for multiple reasons..."
The other time you wrote:
"I don't want to block it temporarily I just want to be completely invisible..."

The goal is to give them the other access but not this link just I don't want to block it temporarily I just want to be completely invisible to them this link there is other that I will do the same thing as if the administrator who has access

Well,
since applying changes to a site while members are still logged isn't a good idea in general, I'd simply switch the site offline during that time. And this can easily be achieved by means of the Site-Offline component https://www.openteknik.com/product/view/68/site-offline
Your members will see a message like
enter image description here
while you can apply your changes without stress and switch the site back online afterwards.

https://carnetsocial.com/files/all/

I'd like to know how to block a page temporarily for multiple reasons, either I'm working on the page or I want to improve something and in the meantime I want to block access while I'm working disappointed

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 3 months ago

Question remains the same what page/link you are trying to hide?