There is a special file for ossn somewhere, isn't it?

Abayomi Oladipupo Posted in Component Development 9 years ago

I went through a site named buddyexpress, and what I found there was what many members in this community, and the site was built with ossn,
Please, ossn developers, kindly visit the site at http://buddyexpress.net to see what I saw and instruct the ossn founder to give us all components he used on buddy express

Thanks

This topic has been closed!
Replies
Zuang Wisani Erick Mabunda Replied 9 years ago

@Aboyomi you need to be apologetic to what you said please there. The developers are working hard to bring this to us just for free lets understand. Syed says it all there is no need to repeat, If you have nothing to say say "Nothing"

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 9 years ago

I think,
it's time to remember that English is NOT the native language for the majority in this community. There's a good chance that Abayomi just wanted to (politely) ask to include those features he saw. Arsalan already came with a detailed answer and I can't see any good reason to just bite on the word 'instruct' again and again.

ng Moneya Replied 9 years ago

Dear Abayomi,
buddyxpress is a private project of lee before ossn was created.
ossn was hacked off buddyxpress.
you don't have the right to order anybody whatsoever to release a private intellectual property.
Ossn is released under GPLV2.
ossn is a project created by developers during our free time, which means our jobs is to create fix and manage the core updates.
there's no special file in Ossn.

Catalan Lgbt bot Replied 9 years ago

Just wondering are you using something similar to http://www.codeigniter.com/ to do edits or make new components
So others can help Thank you

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 9 years ago

Dear Abayomi,

The site you mentioned i wrote it years ago, Idea of Ossn came from that website, and please don't compare other sites with Ossn.

Ossn is free to use and we are trying our bests to deliver more components in short time. I just saw the discussion topics you posted, You demand alot of things, we'll try to develop features you want. Look at phpfox or socialengine, you can buy those expensive framework with features you want.

We have families, personal projects, some other stuff and Ossn to work on, It not possible to work on multiple projects at same time.

The purpose of writing all this is to tell all of you that , please be patience, its looks really bad to ask developers to develop things for free.

> what I saw and instruct the ossn founder to give us all components he used on buddyexpress

Sorry my friend i can't provide the things form the site you mentioned.

Once again , please think twice before asking alot of free stuff from developers.

We all are human. Any way i'll delete this topic soon as its not related to Ossn.

See link below to see what we are doing:

https://github.com/opensource-socialnetwork/opensource-socialnetwork/pulse/halfweekly

If you want to make Ossn better , donate Ossn project.