Ossn Site Redirecting to an Unwanted Link

Abayomi Oladipupo Posted in Technical Support 8 years ago

Please, I dont know what is happening, I was working on my site, and suddenly i saw my site auto reloaded and redirected to an unwanted link, which is not in cPanel file
my site is http://facemechat.com/ am using ossn version 3.3
and it redirected to http://facemechat.com/installation which will eventually says thus "the site is not redirecting properly

Please I need help oooo

Replies
ng Abayomi Oladipupo Replied 8 years ago

I saw the about block added in Paritosh Pandey side, and I asked him to do it on my site too, and he did it, and when he did, everything was working fine, but i added the location names of states in my country via about users components/default/plugins/edit.php and ossn-profile/default/......... /about.php, everything was working fine until I wanted to upgrade the site to v.3.7, but die to my little experience in php coding, I lost my ways, how? I downloaded v.3.7, and uploaded to the root of my site using direct uploading file using cpanel, and moved the files and name another folder for them, and when I extracted it, it does nothing to the site neither can I upgrade the site, so I left the files there, but after 10-12 hrs, it sprout itself by loading a new file and redirect the main site to http://facemechat.com/installation
But I then remove all files in the site and reinstall another copy of ossn, the copy the moved files to the public_html, but all accounts and users, were lost, this is what I am now

Please help me to reconfigure the site
Thanks

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 8 years ago

I'm giving up here.
I was trying to get an idea where you started and what you did that ruined your site. That's why I was asking. If you don't want to give me at least a starting point, there's no chance to proceed.

Please can someone assist me in the upgrading of my site?
Many users have been complaining in the forum that there account was deleted, and likewise to edit profile information is err, please help me to fix it,
If you can help me, please mail me to [email protected] for login access
Thanks

Okay, so if I understand you correctly, you did an initial installation of OSSN 3.3 via Softacolous and then you were trying to update to 3.7 manually following the instructions on https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/708/how-to-upgrade-ossn?

Yes, am having problems, I need to remove system and some files, in other to regain access to the site, and now all site users about 75peoples accounts have lost, and I can't find them at all,
All these was done because I find it difficult to upgrade the site, as Softaculous said they have no service for auto upgrade for OSSN scripts,
Please i need your help in Upgrading the site
Thanks

I don't understand the last sentence of your posting. I just had another check, and your site and admin login are back in place.
So: Are you still experiencing a problem?

What I suggested it happens was that, I downloaded a v3.7 ossn file, and I uploaded and extract it to the same it to the same root of the site, and I have tried to upgrade the site, butbit was telling me that nothing to upgrade, and I leave it, but I don't delete zip file since morning, but now I have delete but it now
Pls,plear

Please Abayomi,

at least give us some information about the file(s) you were working on. Your main link is redirecting endlessly, as the administrator url does. Things like that most often happen because of a wrong rule in the .htaccess file. But how should we know? We more than once warned: Don't touch the core system. And if you feel you have to: make a backup first! It's beyond the manpower of this small team to support any kind of tweaked installations.