My admin panel menus stopped working unexpectedly today

Dimitris Michalaros Posted in Technical Support 9 years ago

Hello guys,

After couple of days of running our OSSN site, today the admin-panel's hypperlinks stopped working unexpectedly, giving me the error "javascript:void(0)"whenever I try to click on them. Non of the links working and neither the pop up menus (only in admin area).
I am extrimelly confortable with HTML & CSS, but unfortunately I know very basic in PHP, so please help me find a solution because I am not able to navigate within the admin panel as well as to manage the network (validate users or even unable/enable a component).
I asked the other administrators to access the admin areas, but they are not able to access it either.
Also, in order to solve the problem, I loaded all my previous backups, but non of them fixed the problem.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Replies
Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 9 years ago

It has been fixed on your website. Your were missing some files.

gr Dimitris Michalaros Replied 9 years ago

The information have being sent. Thank You again, :)

Thank You Arsalan. I appreciate your help. I will do it shortly.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 9 years ago

Send your server details and your website link to URL below:

https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/contact

We'll look into this issue.

It is not from my server as I did another OSSN installation through Softaculous and worked just fine.
I also contact my server provider. They looked into my issue for quite long time and they said they could not solve the problem and I should contact OSSN developers.

About the other administrators, none of them logged in, yesterday.
Also, I didn't do any changes and the incident happened after I visited the site and validated a new user.

The Cache and the Error Reporting are enabled in the site. Could this be the reason?
I don't know what else to do?

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 9 years ago

Hmm ... I'm still trying to get the picture ...

What, if you had a cdrom drive capable of playing your complete music collection. Yesterday, you switched it off, still working flawlessly. Today, you turn it on and there's just ... silence. You try another cdrom and 19 other ones: Same result. So, what would you think:

1.) Gosh, I've just lost 20 of my favorite albums!
2.) Grrrr, looks like my drive has a defect ... :(

I assume, the latter one. That is, there must be something wrong with your server, right? On the other hand: Your community is running. Hence, there's either a problem with the logic above or you still forgot to tell us an important detail. That's why: Try to remember exactly: Did you apply any changes between the last time your admin panel was working correctly and today? Any new theme, module or code? And what about the other admins? Can they confirm they didn't change anything?

Yes, exactly.
I installed OSSN through Softaculous and I am keeping everyday backups (ones per day).
The backup restores: Directory, Data Directory, Restore Database

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 9 years ago

Okay,

so you have several backups (= code backup plus accompanying database backup).
And all of these backup pairs were working in the past, but today they don't.
Can you please confirm that.