Translation (as seen in screenshot)

Karl Ranseier Posted in Component Development 8 years ago

Hi guys,

is it possbile for the German language pack translate the words as following (as seen in the screenshot).

You'll find the screenshot link here:

http://www.picpaste.de/Screenshot_1.png

All Members" --> German = "Alle Mitglieder"

"Friednds" --> German "Freunde"

I have still another question: is it possible to change the blue color of the header?

This topic has been closed!

[Topic is Close]

Replies
German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 8 years ago

Case closed because of no more input

@Karl
before long time guessing what's going wrong,
please make your component source available at Github and we can have a look.

German Karl Ranseier Replied 8 years ago

@Arsalan Shah:

You wrote
"> If I add a translation file (ossn.de.php) to the OSSN members component (as seen in the screenshot), the translation will not work. It seems, that some files are missing in this component.

Did you tried to change you language from settings ? simply renaming to ossn.en.php to ossn.de.php didn't work you need to change the code also,

ossn_register_languages('en', $en);

To

ossn_register_languages('de, $de); "

Yes, I did it so!

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 8 years ago

> If I add a translation file (ossn.de.php) to the OSSN members component (as seen in the screenshot), the translation will not work. It seems, that some files are missing in this component.

Did you tried to change you language from settings ? simply renaming to ossn.en.php to ossn.de.php didn't work you need to change the code also,

ossn_register_languages('en', $en);

To

ossn_register_languages('de, $de);

> Contact form also is not translated. My suggestion, for every language one component, eg. . OSSNcontactEN, OSSContactDE, etc. Otherwise I think, it couldn't work correctly. Google Maps enbedding is also not working, and I also couldn't send any email via the contact form.

Please note can not grantee of the work of non-core components, please contact the owner of contact form component.

If I add a translation file (ossn.de.php) to the OSSN members component (as seen in the screenshot), the translation will not work. It seems, that some files are missing in this component.
I still get the English definitions then.

Contact form also is not translated.
My suggestion, for every language one component, eg. . OSSNcontactEN, OSSContactDE, etc.
Otherwise I think, it couldn't work correctly.
Google Maps enbedding is also not working, and I also couldn't send any email via the contact form

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 8 years ago

What is the error you are getting?

Hi everyone, I have translated some of the components into German (I added a ossn.de.php file) in each of the component, and I tested it. It works!
Not every component, but already some. With some components, there are still any problems.

What is working and translated now (examples)

• blog
  • members 4.0
  • user information

Is anybody interested in the modfied components?

What is not working is the OSSN Members component 2.3 - this failed with translation.

Thank you. Of course, the copyright notices will not removed.

> is it possbile for the German language pack translate the words as following...

Sure. As long as you don't change the copyright notices and the "Powered by Ossn" string, you can change almost everything in Ossn and customize things as you like.

We highly discourage to change the core system, though, since with every new update there's a good chance that your changes will be overwritten and you have to keep track of the same stuff again and again. Write and use a component instead to apply your changes.