Not possible to upload photos in new folders

jody huth Posted in Technical Support 8 years ago

I created a new folder on the profile photos tab and its not possible to upload photos in new folders. Is there a setting to enable? All other uploads work through out the whole site though

Replies
German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 8 years ago

I'm sorry, but I give up on that, Jody.

I showed you a working way how to change some php settings, but instead of bringing your issue to a successful ending and applying the changes as advised, you come along with a new error log that has nothing to do with your initial problem.

At least me, I'm not willing to spend any more thoughts on what's going wrong with your site. Maybe someone else has more patience ...

us Jody huth Replied 8 years ago

As with most php uploadable sites the installation folder should be removed if im correct? I still have it in my ossn file.. if that needs to be gone then could that cause some of these issues?
ok thats all done but no change. and the Ossn Sytem Info page is ? but any way i looked at the system errors and I have been getting this Error for a couple days now ([16-Oct-2016 03:52:18 UTC] PHP WARNING: 2016-10-16 03:52:18 (UTC): "rmdir(/home/jodyhuth69/publichtml/test/data/system/): No such file or directory" in file /home/jodyhuth69/publichtml/test/ossn/classes/OssnFile.php (line 34)
[16-Oct-2016 03:52:44 UTC] PHP WARNING: 2016-10-16 03:52:44 (UTC): "rmdir(/home/jodyhuth69/publichtml/test/ossn/cache/): No such file or directory" in file /home/jodyhuth69/publichtml/test/ossn/classes/OssnFile.php (line 34)
[16-Oct-2016 03:52:44 UTC] PHP WARNING: 2016-10-16 03:52:44 (UTC): "rmdir(/home/jodyhuth69/publichtml/test/data/system/): No such file or directory" in file /home/jodyhuth69/publichtml/test/ossn/classes/OssnFile.php (line 34)
[16-Oct-2016 03:52:52 UTC] PHP WARNING: 2016-10-16 03:52:52 (UTC): "rmdir(/home/jodyhuth69/publichtml/test/ossn/cache/): No such file or directory" in file /home/jodyhuth69/publichtml/test/ossn/classes/OssnFile.php (line 34)
[16-Oct-2016 03:52:52 UTC] PHP WARNING: 2016-10-16 03:52:52 (UTC): "rmdir(/home/jodyhuth69/publichtml/test/data/system/): No such file or directory" in file /home/jodyhuth69/publichtml/test/ossn/classes/OssnFile.php (line 34)
[16-Oct-2016 13:21:18 UTC] PHP WARNING: 2016-10-16 13:21:18 (UTC): "rmdir(/home/jodyhuth69/publichtml/test/ossn/cache/): No such file or directory" in file /home/jodyhuth69/publichtml/test/ossn/classes/OssnFile.php (line 34)
[16-Oct-2016 13:21:18 UTC] PHP WARNING: 2016-10-16 13:21:18 (UTC): "rmdir(/home/jodyhuth69/publichtml/test/data/system/): No such file or directory" in file /home/jodyhuth69/publichtml/test/ossn/classes/OssnFile.php (line 34)
[17-Oct-2016 13:31:29 UTC] PHP WARNING: 2016-10-17 13:31:29 (UTC): "rmdir(/home/jodyhuth69/publichtml/test/ossn/cache/): No such file or directory" in file /home/jodyhuth69/publichtml/test/ossn/classes/OssnFile.php (line 34)
[17-Oct-2016 13:31:29 UTC] PHP WARNING: 2016-10-17 13:31:29 (UTC): "rmdir(/home/jodyhuth69/publichtml/test/data/system/): No such file or directory" in file /home/jodyhuth69/publichtml/test/ossn/classes/OssnFile.php (line 34)
[17-Oct-2016 13:37:34 UTC] PHP WARNING: 2016-10-17 13:37:34 (UTC): "rmdir(/home/jodyhuth69/publichtml/test/ossn/cache/): No such file or directory" in file /home/jodyhuth69/publichtml/test/ossn/classes/OssnFile.php (line 34)
[17-Oct-2016 13:37:34 UTC] PHP WARNING: 2016-10-17 13:37:34 (UTC): "rmdir(/home/jodyhuth69/publichtml/test/data/system/): No such file or directory" in file /home/jodyhuth69/publichtml/test/ossn/classes/OssnFile.php (line 34)

I guess i better step up and get to learning some php. HAhA

Thanks Jody.
The output of Ossn System Info shows that the PHP settings made in your .htaccess file are being ignored. Actually, a server with a "cgi-fcgi" Api needs a little more complicated method of overwriting PHP defaults. Ok, here we go:

1. Create a new file named php.ini in the root of your Ossn installation
  2. Open this file with a simple editor like notepad or notepad++
  3. Apply the following 2 lines
    post_max_size = 18M
    upload_max_filesize = 15M
  4. Save the changes

Now your upload limit should be increased to files with a size of up to 15 Megabytes. You may change the values to your needs, but remember that the post_max_size always has to be larger than the upload_max_filesize.

Next you need to add some stuff to your .htaccess file

1. open the file named .htaccess in the root of your Ossn installation
  2. append the following lines at the bottom
    <IfModule mod_suphp.c>
    suPHP_ConfigPath /home/jodyhuth69/public_html/test/ossn
    </IfModule>
  3. Save your changes

Now navigate to the Ossn Sytem Info page again and verify whether your changes are reflected in the output. If so, you should be able to upload larger files now.

got the componet and its enabeled

Thank Jody,

I just wanted to make sure that your Ossn installation is located on the same server as the database you're using. This is in fact the case, so $Ossn->host = "localhost"; is the right setting for you.

As for the upload size restrictions:
There's a component available now to display your current PHP settings.
Please get it from https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/component/view/1963/system-info
and let us know when it's enabled.

stangdrvn.us is the host

http://test.stangdrvn.us/ossn/ is the site url

I did cure the upload issue to photo albums, now im just dealing with size restraints now. And those restraints are only on wall posts and photo albums.
profile pics and profile background any size pics can be uploaded no issues.

Jody,
support could be much easier if you simply answer our questions.
Ok, let's give it another try:

1. Before installing Ossn you created a database on a server.
    What is the URL of that server?

2. Next you installed Ossn
    What is the URL of your Ossn installation?

Catalan Adrian Florea Replied 8 years ago

Same problem here ...I am unable to upload any pics....all the steps work fine up to update info ( i can choose the pic..and the site seems to do some background work) but the picture fails to upload ...I have checked the config files and locations and it seems to be fine. I have tried to change my profile pic and cover pic.
The "Add album" button is dead

sorry about that for some reason it took out everything in the <>

ossn.config.db.php

<?php
/**
* Open Source Social Network
* @package (softlab24.com).ossn
* @author OSSN Core Team <[email protected]>
* @copyright 2014-2016 SOFTLAB24 LIMITED
* @license General Public Licence http://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/licence
* @link https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/
*/

// replace stangdrvn.us with your database host name;
$Ossn->host = 'stangdrvn.us';

// replace --------- with your database username;
$Ossn->user = '---------';

// replace --------- with your database password;
$Ossn->password = '----------';

// replace -------- with your database name;
$Ossn->database = '--------';

i replaced // replace stangdrvn.us with your database host name;
$Ossn->host = 'stangdrvn.us (with localhost and save also flushed the cache)';

and no change.

this is the error i get when i post some pics to the wall/ Cannot create post! Please try again later.
and this error when i try putting certain pics in photo albums/ Something went wrong! Reload this page and try again.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 8 years ago

The two files called ossn.config.site.php and ossn.config.db.php must be present in configurations/ directory.