Users getting blank posts when posting pictures [Solved]

Roger Ghostraven Posted in Technical Support 6 years ago

I have upgraded to 4.6 and now my users are having a weird problem.
If they create a post with a picture the picture shows but the text disappears. They can go in, edit the post and add what they typed and it will stick. Any suggestions.

This topic has been closed!

[Topic is Close]

Replies
German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 6 years ago

Sorry, no.
Basically, all Ossn Premium related issues should be communicated via the softlab24.com contact channel. You may find some technical answers here occasionally, but with all license related questions (like getting updates, etc.) please consult softlab24.com directly.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 6 years ago

Please provide following details to your email at softlab24

1. Your website URL,
  2. Administrator Login details
  3. Exact text
us Roger Ghostraven Replied 6 years ago

Thank you ZMan. I see the current version is 4.3 and I am on 4.1. I can't download the current version because it says I need to unlock it. Any ideas how to download individual component updates for premium customers?

Thanks for clearing up, Roger.
I can confirm problems with linefeeds of former LinkPreviews (maybe certain special chars were involved, too - and you'd better used 'we are' instead of 'we're') But of course this can't be a solution, and as already said: these issues have been fixed with the latest version.

There were no line breaks at all. It was one continuous sentence.

Unfortunately you didn't do as advised (using the curly brackets editor button do display your posting as a code block) - hence I'm not sure whether you made a linfeed after "Remember to" or not.

Anyway, I just gave it two tries (with and w/o linefeed) on https://newblue.ongolito.net and found no issues with your posting and LinkPreview enabled.

Please, contact softlab24.com to asure you're running the latest version of LinkPreview.

This problem is not solved. I just tried to create a simple, text only post. All it said was:

> Thank you to all our new members. We're glad you decided to join us. Remember to bring all your friends.

That's it. What I got was a completely blank post.

I have disabled Link Preview because I have actually lost members over the blank postings.

In order to reproduce,
please provide an exact copy of your posting here (use curly brackets of editor on top)

Please, visit http://www.example.com
some more text ... 
bla bla

Add linefeeds where you made linefeeds, etc - just try to make the post appear 1:1

Araslan,

I am still having problems, mainly now Link Preview doesn't work when reactivated. Here are the steps I followed

1. Enabled Link preview via admin panel
  2. Flushed Website Cache
  3. Flushed Browser Cache
  4. Closed Chrome, Reopened Chrome
  5. Logged into website
  6. Created standard text/photo post (successful)
  7. Created post with a link to an event on site, link preview did not work, just hyperlink on post
  8. Created post with link to external site, link preview did not work, just hyperlink on post

I know you're looking into the problem and appreciate it. Thank you.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 6 years ago

Issue has been resolved already , flush your website cache and restart your browser (must)