Messages , Notfications and friend request not working.

Shaabeel Guray Posted in Technical Support 6 years ago

Hello there

I will be grateful if someone here helps me fixes this issue I got. Because messages , friend requests and notifications are NOT working. Please I really want someone to help me out and make a fix to it. I contacted softlab24 they are not doing anything about it. I am using OSSN premium 4.3.1

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g5I7DtNQ01glfRQb6KeetoT9vSHGLtGn/view

When I contacted A2 hosting support this is what they said

Hello,

Thank you for sending the video. To make sure we are understanding properly, it looks like the problem is that when you are logged into your social website, if you click "Notifications" or "Friend requests" you get a drop-down box with a spinner, but that no content loads in the box.

There have been two changes in your site's environment lately - a move from an Apache-based Swift server to a Litespeed-based Turbo server, and a change of your domain name from noparentszone.com to socialfeed.club. Your website software could be encountering problems with either one of these changes that results in the behavior shown in the video. Because these problems are occurring within the website software, they will need to be diagnosed by someone familiar with the internal workings of this software. For assistance with this, we recommend contacting the creators of OSSN Premium athttps://www.softlab24.com/contact?channel=ossn

When you contact them, please be sure that you let them know about both of your recent changes (changing the domain name, and moving from an Apache server to a Litespeed server). Once they have diagnosed what is happening inside of the software to produce the behavior you are seeing, if it turns out to be a problem with an interaction between the site software and our server environment, they will be able to provide you with details to give to us so that we can assist you further with this.

Thank you,
Kristen

Replies
au Jason Jones Replied 6 years ago

Had this problem recently. Notifications box dropdown just displayed the loading circle and sat there doing nothing.

Solved it by manually deleting an older notification database entry. Believe the problem was a notification from a user that had subsequently been removed.

It may be worth including a check for orphan DB IDs for this component.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 6 years ago

After checking your site i found the unnecessary html tags everywhere which causing the ajax request failing. Caused the issue. Please next time restore the files you edited before report error. Reference image from your site :

enter image description here

au Shaabeel Guray Replied 6 years ago

Arsalan Shah I don't really know props not but can you fix it. If I give you the account details. I cancelled the noparentszone account and A2 gave me the back up. I went back to them with a new domain I tried flushing the cache and now it is disabled. Please sort this mess for me

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 6 years ago

Did you disabled cache before moving site?

Well I restored the backup before I made the attempt to fix it mysself but the issue where messages, friend request notficattion are NOT WORKING STILL

also I faced another issue. Now I can't comment or like. [REMOVED]. I decided to do the thing my self. Since I've moved from noparentszone.com to socialfeed.club using ossn premium 4.3.1. I decided to change the ossn.config.db.php and ossn.config.site.php settings and I exported and reimported the mysqldatabase using phpmyadmin from that tutorial.

https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/999/how-to-move-ossn-installation-to-another-server-and-domain

I thought I was gonna get it fixed but I made it worse now. While the site is running and can login the problem is still there I got no solution. Now I found out I can't comment or like , dislike posts as well. Ugh my site is broken and no one cares. You all reading this but doing nothing. I showed you video

look is a solution on the way

Can you help me please anyone