Cache Enabled and website Refused to show any information!

Oweka Bob Patrick Posted in Technical Support 6 years ago

Hello Members, am having problems with enabling cache on and in the process of activating it website will just freeze without showing any information, even if i install it again and change database user name nothing is working, any magic behind this?

Weill be so grateful for your support, am just a beginner but trying new things day by day.

Replies
German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 6 years ago

Since you're unable to install components,

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 6 years ago

Installing components have nothing to do with cache, if you can not able to install it , that sounds like you have server permission issue as mentioned. Try to install System Information component https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/component/view/1963/system-info

Uigur Oweka Bob Patrick Replied 6 years ago

Thanks, Its up and running, but i think there is also problem caused by cache being disabled, Components are not uploading, they are all rejected, and non can be installed, if there is ideas to set rewrite permission for www or public_html i think it will resolve the issues of cache and hence allow the installation of components to take effects.

Thanks

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 6 years ago

That sounds like your website www or publichtml didn't have a write permission for the apache user. You can temporary disable cache by going into your database -> ossnsettings and change value of cache to 0