Tagging Friends - New Installation - OSSN 4.6

Roger Ghostraven Posted in Technical Support 5 years ago

Whenever I try and tag a friend in OSSN 4.6 (new installation, 3 users) the box just says searching. I am friends with the other users (1 real person, 1 test account). I had this issue before with OSSN 4.3 and I tried the fix I used (chmod 775 installatin directory) but it doesn't seem to have resolved on my installation.

I would appreciate any help. If you wish to see the problem, the login info is below:
URL: https://www.avatarliving.gq
Uaer: TestUser
Pass: 123456

Replies
us Rishi B Replied 5 years ago

@Arsalan, I helped someone with some modifications on that component several months ago, but I'm not selling any modified premium components and won't in the future.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 5 years ago

@Bansh33, one of our customer told us his hashtag component that is modification of hashtag and he referred your name as developer that component.

us Rishi B Replied 5 years ago

@Arsalan, sorry, I didn't mean to suggest that I was selling a modified version of any premium components (I'm not doing so and won't in the future). I only meant to say that modifying the HashTag component (for developers who feel comfortable doing so) is one way to implement a basic tagging system if someone wants to do so for themselves and their own site.

@Bansh any chance of reviewing my reply to you?

us Roger Ghostraven Replied 5 years ago

The problem is fixed. If I hadn't been lazy I would've found it. Somehow I missed the MBString component.

sudo apt-get install php7.0-mbstring
sudo service apache2 restart`

Here's the most recent 2 entries in the log file. This error is repeated over and over.
URL of site: http://www.avatarliving.gq
User: TestUser
Pass: 123456
All add on components are disabled. Components that came with the premium build are enabled.
ossninfo is active

> [04-Nov-2018 07:10:41 UTC] Error: Call to undefined function
> mbstrtoupper() in
> /var/www/html/ossn/components/OssnWall/ossn
com.php:117 Stack trace:
> '#0 /var/www/html/ossn/libraries/ossn.lib.page.php(67):
> ossnfriendpicker(Array, 'friendpicker') '#1
> /var/www/html/ossn/index.php(21): ossnloadpage('friendpicker',
> Array) '#2 {main}
[04-Nov-2018 07:10:54 UTC] Error: Call to undefined
> function mbstrtoupper() in
> /var/www/html/ossn/components/OssnWall/ossn
com.php:117 Stack trace:
> '#0 /var/www/html/ossn/libraries/ossn.lib.page.php(67):
> ossnfriendpicker(Array, 'friendpicker') '#1
> /var/www/html/ossn/index.php(21): ossnloadpage('friendpicker',
> Array) '#2 {main}

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 5 years ago

You may be tired of reading my continously repeated requests in cases like that ....,
but please read and follow the instruction in https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/1101/how-to-report-a-bug-error

I just went and found my old ticket in Github (https://github.com/opensource-socialnetwork/opensource-socialnetwork/issues/1145) and followed all the steps in the ticket with no success.

Arsalan,

Yes, I made sure the friend requests were accepted. And I can chat between friends. It's just the tagging that doesn't work. I had this problem in 4.3 and looking through my old posts I see I had fixed it by CHMOD'ing the installation directory but that fix did not work in this instance.

@Bansh I had this problem once before and when it was resolved it worked flawlessly. I like the feature and will figure it out with Support's help. I appreciate the suggestion but I see no reason to alter something that works well, once I figure out where I made the mistake.

@Bansh There must be wrong with his installation about the issue. I request you to not confuse people regarding it. legally you can not modify the hashtag component and sell it further or use the part of it and distribute/sell it further according to softlab24 license agreement.

@Roger can you make sure if the user accepted the friend request already? try looking your old topics you posted here you may can find answer. To find topics go to your profile and check.