Data Directory not found during Installation

Jason Scott Posted in Technical Support 5 years ago

Hoping someone can assist me here. I'm using the DigitalOcean one-click OSSN droplet and it keeps giving me an error when I try to enter in the data directory. By default, the image puts the data directory in /var/www/. When I click to proceed, I get an error message saying No such file or directory. I've tried moving the data directory but no matter what, the problem persists.

Here are the permissions that the folder has in /var/www/:

drwxrwxrwx  2 www-data www-data 4096 Oct  5 19:02 ossn_data

Screenshot

Could anyone assist me and let me know why it's giving me this issue?

Replies
us Jason Scott Replied 5 years ago

SOLVED
I incorrectly assumed that the droplet came with a pre-built and pre-configured ossndb database. This was not the case. I accessed mysql and created the ossnb database with ossndb user and it worked. For anyone else having this issue, this is what I ran to solve the problem:

> mysql -u root -p
mysql> CREATE DATABASE ossndb;
mysql> CREATE USER 'ossndb'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'password';
mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON ossndb.* TO 'ossndb'@'localhost';
mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

Once I got to the page shown in my previous post's screenshot, I entered the database name, database user, and password, website name, and email addresses, and proceeded. Everything worked after that.

> I guess you miss the concept, you don't have to run these commands or
> do anything. Please see
> https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/3235/how-to-install-open-source-social-network-on-digitalocean
>
> Now i guess you have also installed and changed database details? Such
> error is sql error. Please delete your droplet and create new one and
> follow exact steps above. And on step 9 wait for few minutes. Then
> follow the instructions, and do not change already filled database
> settings, you only have to add your email address, notification email
> address and website name,

I didn't run any commands. I created the one-click OSSN droplet and immediately navigated to my IP in a web browser. From there, I followed all of the steps from that link you provided. I did not change any of the database information. Literally the only thing I changed was the Website Name and email addresses and it shows me that No Such File or Directory error.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 5 years ago

I guess you miss the concept, you don't have to run these commands or do anything. Please see https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/3235/how-to-install-open-source-social-network-on-digitalocean

Now i guess you have also installed and changed database details? Such error is sql error. Please delete your droplet and create new one and follow exact steps above. And on step 9 wait for few minutes. Then follow the instructions, and do not change already filled database settings, you only have to add your email address, notification email address and website name,

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 5 years ago

Please follow the steps as explained in
https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/1101/how-to-report-a-bug-error
and provide the error.log of your webserver.

Original screenshot link didn't work, so here it is:

enter image description here