New install information user info/data/posts transfer tool?

stephen barnes Posted in Technical Support 4 years ago

Is there an easy way or tool to transfer users to a clean install and retain posts and data?

I have a problem in my site where all themes display blank page except the fakebook one i am currently using and would like to switch to goblue as it's more mobile friendly. I have tried doing this with phpmyadmin and importing the users but i get a problem with not being able to post anything after.

Is a tool available for this or a component that allows this?

Replies
German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 4 years ago

Thanks for the feedback, Stephan.
And I'm happy you found a much easier way to fix our issue than re-installing Ossn. :)

gb Stephen barnes Replied 4 years ago

UPDATE: issue fixed

/public_html/components/OssnProfile/plugins/default/profile/newsfeed/info.php was the problem. I had changed some code to enable the profile pic to become clickable from another thread on the forum here, something must have broke. I just replaced info.php and all working again. Thankyou.

I'm using the most recent version of OSSN.

Hi Z thanks for the quick reply, i get the following errors in my error log file.

[09-Dec-2019 15:37:15 Europe/London] Error: Call to undefined function ossnloggedinuser() in /home/stopguk/public_html/components/OssnProfile/plugins/default/profile/newsfeed/info.php:15
Stack trace:
#0 /home/stopguk/public_html/libraries/ossn.lib.views.php(27): include()
#1 /home/stopguk/public_html/libraries/ossn.lib.views.php(50): ossn_include('/home/stopguk/p...', Array)
#2 /home/stopguk/public_html/libraries/ossn.lib.plugins.php(75): ossn_view('/home/stopguk/p...', Array)
#3 /home/stopguk/public_html/components/OssnProfile/ossn_com.php(221): ossn_plugin_view('profile/newsfee...')
#4 /home/stopguk/public_html/libraries/ossn.lib.system.php(223): profile_photo_newsefeed('newsfeed', 'sidebar:left', Array, NULL)
#5 /home/stopguk/public_html/themes/goblue/plugins/default/theme/page/elements/sidebar.php(11): ossn_call_hook('newsfeed', 'sidebar:left', NULL, Array)
#6 /home/stopguk/public_html/libraries/ossn.lib.views.php(27): include('/home/stopguk/p...')
#7 /home/stopguk/public_html/libraries/ossn.lib.views.php(50): ossn_include('/home/stopguk/p...', Array)
#8 /home/stopguk/public_html/libraries/ossn.lib.plugins.php(75): ossn_view('/home/stopguk/p...', Array)
#9 /home/stopguk/public_html/themes/goblue/plugins/default/theme/page/page.php(52): ossn_plugin_view('theme/page/elem...')
#10 /home/stopguk/public_html/libraries/ossn.lib.views.php(27): include('/home/stopguk/p...')
#11 /home/stopguk/public_html/libraries/ossn.lib.views.php(50): ossn_include('/home/stopguk/p...', Array)
#12 /home/stopguk/public_html/libraries/ossn.lib.plugins.php(75): ossn_view('/home/stopguk/p...', Array)
#13 /home/stopguk/public_html/libraries/ossn.lib.views.php(210): ossn_plugin_view('theme/page/page', Array)
#14 /home/stopguk/public_html/libraries/ossn.lib.initialize.php(124): ossn_view_page('News Feed', '<div class="con...')
#15 /home/stopguk/public_html/libraries/ossn.lib.page.php(67): ossn_user_pagehandler(Array, 'home')
#16 /home/stopguk/public_html/index.php(22): ossn_load_page('home', Array)
#17 {main}
German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 4 years ago

There's no such 'tool', and it makes sense to find out the reason for your blank pages first. So please enable Error reporting from your Ossn admin backend panel, change to Goblue and provide the log and more details (Ossn Version, etc.)
For more information see https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/1101/how-to-report-a-bug-error