SOUNDCLOUD OR IFRAME POSTING PLUGIN???

remigiusz szyndler Posted in Component Development 4 years ago

Hi, I am building a music lovers portal and I require eitehr a SoundClod plugin or a generic one that allows to post an IFRAME ??? do we have it here ???

Replies
Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 4 years ago

@Gary from the previous emails to us, i can see there must be something wrong with your hosting, do you have a zip installed? do you have a correct permission on directories?

Install this : https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/component/view/1963/system-info and let us know once installed and configured.

us Gary schwitzer Replied 4 years ago

Love the idea but when I try to install the component I get "
Cannot upload component, make sure it is a valid package." is there a trick to this one? 5.2 Premium.

Polish Remigiusz szyndler Replied 4 years ago

it ... WORKS .... PERFECTLY ... I am on owe of the OSSN community ...

~Z~ Man : you are the man -- ASAP as I finish dinner I am putting the module in ... THANK YOU !!!

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 4 years ago

Here we go!
A first release is available at
https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/component/view/3943/soundcloud-embedding

As for polluting the code:
Thanks to the modular concept of Ossn this isn't too much an issue when you follow the rules and implement your own stuff inside a separate component instead of modifying the core files.

I am in AWE of this community --- I will not contribute my code becasue I DO NOT KNOW your platfor yet and I dont want to pollute the codeline with my tries .. when I will get more comfortable maybe then ...i am awaiting your release on the EDGE OF MY SEAT :D

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 4 years ago

Not a good idea?
Just the opposite - you're welcome to contribute!

Actually, as I'm addicted to (making) music myself, your request was a real challange. That's why I started coding a new component yesterday and I'm going to release it later today.
So in the end, we might have even 2 solutions. :)

I admit without water boarding I am looking at integrating a SC handler in your core code ... I KNOW I KNOW -- not a good idea ... but I need it so ... I am digging in .. wish me luck ..

I admit without water boarding I am looking at integrating a SC handler in your core code ... I KNOW I KNOW -- not a good idea ... but I need it so ... I am digging in .. wish me luck ..