INSTALLER ISSUE - php error

remigiusz szyndler Posted in Technical Support 4 years ago

Zero length string call ... here is the apache log dump

here is an error I am getting - code untouched

[Wed Feb 26 06:33:20.658540 2020] [php7:notice] [pid 25366] [client 5.173.171.126:45316] Error: Length must be greater than 0 in /var/www/html/libraries/ossn.lib.system.php:764\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/libraries/ossn.lib.system.php(764): opensslrandompseudobytes()\n#1 /var/www/html/libraries/ossn.lib.initialize.php(201): ossnstringdecrypt()\n#2 /var/www/html/libraries/ossn.lib.initialize.php(63): ossnpowlnkargs()\n#3 /var/www/html/libraries/ossn.lib.system.php(258): ossninitialize()\n#4 /var/www/html/system/start.php(39): ossntriggercallback()\n#5 /var/www/html/installation/pages/account.php(12): requireonce('/var/www/html/s...')\n#6 /var/www/html/installation/libraries/ossn.install.php(76): include('/var/www/html/i...')\n#7 /var/www/html/installation/libraries/ossn.install.php(153): ossninstallationinclude()\n#8 /var/www/html/installation/index.php(32): ossninstallationpage()\n#9 {main}, referer: https://studio.mixmasters.tech/installation/?page=settings

Replies
us Olivia miller Replied 4 years ago
German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 4 years ago

no, you don't have to expect incompatibilities.

Polish Remigiusz szyndler Replied 4 years ago

IT WORKS AS ADVERTISED -- thank you so much -- I can say this -- for now I do not have spare funds to support this project and give users group chat but as soon as I have roughly 1000 PLN I will move to pro solution because you guys are worth every penny .. and your excellent open source project, in my case allowed me to produce a fun, functional working site for producers and music lovers in Poland IN MATTER OF DAYS ... we thank you !!!!

to be precise I am wondering if the pseudo-patch I applied caused a different encryption sequence - and if I apply the patches it will not decryot correctly

yes, you can either edit ossn.lib.system.php on your server (did it like that before writing the How-to)
or edit it locally and copy the complete file.

As in a live portal code (with switching caching off first)

I it safe to apply this POST install ????

Regarding your question which way to apply the necessary PHP 7.4 fixes correctly I have made a little How-to available at
https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/edit/3949/how-to-install-ossn-52-on-php-74

if there is ANY place I can post a review o fmy experience here Id be glad to - You software is highly functional and generated a result that is turning into a lively portal in matter of a few days ... you DESERVE IT

php 7.4.3 portal is working so far - its taking off GUYS -- you are the stuff dreams are made of ;)