Replace site name with logo

Mary Greg Posted in Technical Support 4 years ago

Rafail, please show in the next video lessons how can replace the site name with own logo.

This topic has been closed!

[Topic is Close]

Replies
Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 4 years ago

As mentioned before you can update only if you wanted. I am closing this thread for new questions please open new one so other don't see mixed stuff when searching in forum

us Mary Greg Replied 4 years ago

We are never going to update our social network, because it completely suits us. So please tell me if we are required to update our site if we do not want to update it? It Is mandatory if we do not want to do that or not?

gr Rafail Stratiotis Replied 4 years ago

@Arsalan I will agree with that.. you are right

I would suggest anyone to not to modify core files as later they may also run into problems and they post on community which will create a lot of troubles for us to help them to resolve the issue otherwise the code is open source they can do anything they want but they shall be responsible for the issues it may arise later and community will not help them if it found the core stuff is modified.

https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/704/should-i-modify-core-files

@Rafail, i am not sure which code Mary and you talking about. But in general suppose Mary wanted to update her site and she have done alot of modification to core files. Later during upgrade she will either lose it or she will afraid to update her site. Making her site away from new features.

So the component should be develop to avoid future issues for upgrades and data consistency.

Hi Mary,

The lines of code you need to delete is not in these two files..
These are the two files here if I'm not mistaken

actions\user\register.php
system\plugins\default\forms\signup.php

and please create a new DISCUSSION when it comes to another topic

That's what Arsalan said. Rafail, I think in this case he is right, because we tried to delete it in the oss.en.php and ossn.en.language.js files, but it didn't work out.

Hello Mary,

you don't need a component for something so insignificant
anyone can enter the code and delete it

Yes, this is a meaningless field. For example, it would be clear if it was a password replay, but in the case of email it just does not make sense. Unless of course, it was not created by a third party to collect emails. Therefore need to create a component to remove this field because I'm sure everyone will need it...

Its not a problem but if you remove it you need to edit create a component and its not just one file to edit.