Verification e-mails

Philip Lozier Posted in Technical Support 3 years ago

Was wondering why I ended up with several unvalidated accounts all of a sudden. Decided to set up a dummy account to see what was going on. Despite the fact that OSSN displays the message that a verification e-mail was sent, it was not. Attempt to log in several times anyway, and it says an email was REsent... it was not. Any clues where I'm at here? Got paid promotion going on and it looks like new users aren't able to verify.

Regards,

Phil

Replies
us Philip Lozier Replied 3 years ago

@Arsalan Shah ...No IP is blocked. ALL other e-mails are working fine. As I stated to ~Z~ Man, I am figuring out where to start in tracking it down at the same time dealing with other things in the system being pointed out to me that require attention.

Regards,

Phil

~Z~ Man ... yes... I can change the DNS record. What I was saying is the only "out of the box" e-mail solution they have is outlook/office based. I have not yet determined that is even the problem. With many other things needing attention on the system right now, I have to figure out where to begin on that one. I don't see employing a "shim" to something that should work seamlessly as a actual solution.

Regards,

Phil

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 3 years ago

Okay, running a whois on your site gives:
enter image description here

Maybe I got you wrong: is it really true, that Godaddy doesn't allow you changing your DNS records?

I mean, if they would, you can give it a try and install Postfix or any other mailer on your Cent-Os machine for outgoing mails and change both MX records to yubnubclub.com.

Next step would be to either re-configure PHP to use that mailer or install the Ossn SMTP client component and configure it to connect to yubnubclub.com:PORT OF YOUR INSTALLED MAILER

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 3 years ago

What is meant by godaddy using microsoft email? As far i understand your website not sending emails to @outlook.com or @live.com but sending to others. That means your provider is IP is blocked by them. Unless you looked the rejected message on servers logs to find out what is issue.

I think that's why it worked for you. The domain e-mail is only under that because that is the only option having the server on GoDaddy... I have NOTHING microsoft, anymore. All ubuntu linux, and the server is CentOS 7... which makes me wonder why they are using microsoft mail. The best I'm going to be able to do to test out if microsoft mail is rejecting it for some reason is dig through my closet for an old windows laptop... not an easy task, as those are buried DEEP! LOL! It'll have to wait until I want to dig.

Microsoft? OMG, no. :)
I'm not using any of these 'global player' services.

~Z~ Man. yes... I see you were there. Are you using a microsoft based e-mail? I posted here it DOES work with other e-mail services. I tried to create an account using an an account from my "@yubnubclub.com" domain, which e-mail is microsoft based, and they are not hitting the in box. At this point I am wondering, like my last comment, if it is just microsoft based e-mail accounts, but I currently have no way to test outside of my own.

Just registered. Got your verification e-mail within 50 seconds.

Okay... apparently it is something to do with the microsoft e-mail on godaddy... unfortunately the only option they offer. If I create accounts from gmail, yahoo, etc., it is recieved... not in the microsoft mail service on godaddy. I am wondering if this is something happening to all microsoft mail. I have no practical way of checking at the momen as all my products are linux... don't have ANYTHING microsoft except that service on godaddy.

Phil

Okay... I'm going to try that for now, until I can track it down. I'm going to try and make dummy accounts from e-mails on other e-mail services and see if those get recieved on the user side, or if it is specific to the service on my server.

thanks,

Phil