Block user component is not working

Justin Derby Posted in Technical Support 3 years ago

Hello there, everyone. I've had multiple users on my site tell me that the block button doesn't work. They tried to block other users they don't want to see by clicking on the block button on that user's account, but they then discovered that they can still see the blocked users' account, posts, and comments like they never blocked the user.

Is there a way to fix it so that users never see the account, posts, and comments of people they block? If there are any threads about this problem, I'd appreciate it.

This topic has been closed!
Replies
Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 3 years ago

I am closing this thread as no information from the owner.

Will only ask that you please do.

What do you think we are doing since OSSN v5.6? Migrating to PHP8 working day and night is not a easy task people might think its just few minutes work , take a a look what we are doing on https://github.com/opensource-socialnetwork/opensource-socialnetwork/pulse/monthly this is just 1 month timeline see https://github.com/opensource-socialnetwork/opensource-socialnetwork/commits/v5.x and open each commit to see how much code is changed :)

Thanks for credit!

us Green Dragon Tavern Replied 3 years ago

Arsalan, give ya credit for having a sense of humor..."we'll enhance it". Will only ask that you please do.

@green glad it works for you we'll enhance it. However Justin case is different so we need answer from him.

us Green Dragon Tavern Replied 3 years ago

Arsalan, current version, and Blocking is anything but. Normal user, not Admin. Top level post (with interaction), comment to others post, Blocked user shows up every time. Did test a top level naked post (no like, comment), that seemed to work. So if you have a site with little traffic, and no engaged users, Blocking seems to work.

enter image description here

You need to answer here my question first

us Justin Derby Replied 3 years ago

I will try contacting SoftLab 24 and seeing if they can help me out. Thanks for pointing me in their direction.

If you not respond in next 24 hours with some logs or details I will proceed to close this thread.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 3 years ago

I have never at any point seen a section there for managing a block list

The right time to provide some more details about your site, I'd think.
see https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/1101/how-to-report-a-bug-error

us Justin Derby Replied 3 years ago

If you are talking about the "account settings" section, I have never at any point seen a section there for managing a block list. Maybe you can show me a screen shot of the blocked uses list you're talking about?

it's like they never hit the block button on this user even though I can see that they hit the block button.

Once they hit the block button do they able to see the in the block lists on profile edit page?