I want to upgrade from version 5.6 to version 6.1

Tamás Varga Posted in Technical Support 2 years ago

I want to upgrade from version 5.6 to version 6.1, but I get a 404 error, I can only revive the website with backups. i followed the descriptions of the general update on the OSSN WIKI page.

This topic has been closed!
Replies
Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 2 years ago

Premium version related things must be discussed on OpenTeknik as not everyone have it here. I am closing your case Tamas as you told ne things working now in ticket.

Hungarian Tamás Varga Replied 2 years ago

Michieal: HTTP ERROR 500

Michieal: ok, tonight.

us Michieal ~ Coder ~ Replied 2 years ago

Awesome!
Will you check something for me? Turn off your cache in the settings (do this first).
Look in the Classes folder for a file named "OSSNKernel.php" -- If it is there, rename it, and refresh your site. See if the site breaks (ie, a completely white page). If it does break, rename the file back to it's original name.
And, tell me the results of this. Please and Thank you.

Michieal: Thank you very much, I will be careful. OSSN is working fine now.

For that one, I had to re-upload the files a couple of times, and yeah.
run the upgrade with Businesspage, censorship and sentiment deleted (delete the directories). Then, upload the files back. Between those two steps, I managed to get both to read 6.1 instead of 5.6 and 6.1.

Michieal: Now it's fast and all the features work, so no problem is that OSSN 6.1 files 5.6. It is written in the OSSN admin interface. I replaced what I could with the accessories with new ones.

@Tamás ~ Yeah, I'm still hammering out issues too. At the moment, photo uploading is failing. (It's keeping the images in the temp folder and not moving them to the annotations folder. nor, is it clearing the image upload comment box.)

I like the new features but this has become a recurring nightmare.

Michael: I updated according to the link, but I still have problems. OSSN works, but not well, I'm looking for a solution, I'm doing tests.