How to remove preloader? please!

julinlabs dsd Posted in General Discussion 2 years ago

my ossn takes a considerable time to completely load the pages, it ends up slowing down the use, I wanted to know from you how to remove the preloader to make the visual content of the site more practical and agile.

Replies
Breton Julinlabs dsd Replied 2 years ago

thank you all so much for the help <3

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 2 years ago

I am sorry Julin but I am guessing you need to hire a developer for this. You may use https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/1137/how-to-find-something-a-word-pattern-in-the-source-code and find the div having such a class mentioned in my code. Alternatively you may try to hide that class using css code.

Arsalan Shah, I apologize for not knowing exactly how to do it, but how would it be? remove element? I tried to get the code that is marked in yellow and remove it, but the preloader still appears, how do I do this process you mentioned?

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 2 years ago

thank you very much this is really interesting, it is a boom of information that I will take into account, I wanted to know out of curiosity, how do you completely remove the preloader? I'm going to take the steps to reduce the images, this will help a lot, but I really wanted to know how to remove the preloader to do a test.

us Michieal ~ Coder ~ Replied 2 years ago

Another suggestion for image size reduction... if you open the image(s) in a good image editor (like Krita, PSP, etc.) you can count the colors used in the images. Then, you can lower the internal image quality by reducing the bit depth. (When reducing in this fashion, uncheck web standard colors and chose "closest color" if possible.)
You can also change the compression level in the save process, allowing you to have the compression level (move the slider towards smaller file size) without having to send the image to a website for processing.
For animated gifs, find an image processing/editing program that handles them so that you can remove duplicate frames. This will reduce the gif's size. A lot of times, anim gif makers will double up on the animation frames rather than make use of the repeat times variable. Each frame can be repeated via variable, and the entire sequence can be repeated. (Usually, you will choose the repeat infinitely for the entire sequence.)
All of this gives you control over where the compression is, and will reduce overall image size. Which, happily, speeds up your page load, as you're not having to download a ton of unnecessary data. And, doing this, your mobile users will love you for it, because it's lightweight and doesn't eat up their data.

damn life soon the icing on the cake, but I will do that, thank you very much for the help my great friend, but if that's the case, how does it work for me to completely remove the preloader?

us Joey Champion Replied 2 years ago

All the images that load on the first page a visitor would see when they first visit your site need to be significantly reduced. Try to keep the size down as much as you can. My site is also graphically heavy, but with all my large graphics, my images are a total of 157k. The total page size is 768k. (Your site is 2.2 megs of images and 3 megs total, just for the landing page).

My site is by no means a good example, but you can see what I mean at socialzoe.com.
(My website). Site runs here at my house with a slow internet connection on an old server.

Once someone actually logs into your site, the worst slowdown occurs because of your animated background. Remove all that and test your site again.

it's not offending me in any way, it's giving me knowledge and I really appreciate it, the images that are weighing would be the ones from the banner? because they are all gif, the others are from posts that people are using, I even left the quality scale at 90 because before they were getting pixelated, in this case would they be the images of the posts or what would they be?

us Joey Champion Replied 2 years ago

I just logged into your site. The animated background is something you may want to consider replacing with a static image.
(Not criticizing your site design, but animated backgrounds really slow sites down).
I can see the problems are not OSSN related, it's images and animation too heavy.
Just trying to help you, not offend you.
enter image description here