Invite Friend not sending message to the invitees

Abayomi Oladipupo Posted in Technical Support 9 years ago

Please, am trying to invite friends with emails, but unfortunately, it was not sending any message

Replies
us Steve Elkins Replied 9 years ago

@Arsalan Shah Thank you restarting the server did the trick...Sorry I didn't think of it instead of bothering you.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 9 years ago

@Steve, yes i can see, first try to restart your server if it didn't solves your issue, send me your server details on my email i'll take a look.

enter image description here

Okay my error log is empty.

And this is what happens when I click invite. The screen freezes and I have to shut the browser down and reopen it and log back into the site.

Screen freezes

Weird none of my email notifications are working including the new user verification email it was working fine before I upgrade...I will check the error log.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 9 years ago

@Steve, can you check whats inside errorlog file? maybe errorlog file can help to find issue.

In my case the mail system worked fine before I upgraded to v3.3 Plus I host my own server. My only problem is I froze it doesn't even show it sent the email but when I check the email is there.

Since I have 2 email addresses I invited myself to join and it sent the email but the screen froze so I had to close out my browser and reopen it...I am using OSSN version 3.3

French Kris wws Replied 9 years ago

Hi,

I have the same problem actually. no mail invitation, no mail for password reset either.
Anything related to mail doesn't work. PHP sendmail is installed and configured.

I tried the non-core SMTP components, but it doesn't seem to work either.
Can anyone point me the file(s) responsible for mail sending so I can take a look at it?

Thanks a lot. Best regards.