How do I make info like Education, Works at, Married to, to show in the about.php

Abayomi Oladipupo Posted in Technical Support 9 years ago

Please I was at the ossn profile/default/about.php and profile.php
And I found written there thus.
Lives in:
"Location"
Works at:
"Company Name"
Married to:
"Boy or Girl"

Please, how do I make these to display in the about profile widget at the left sidebar of my ossn site and how to make it editable on my ossn site?
Please I need your help

Replies
German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 9 years ago

Nobody is forcing anyone to participate in coding. And nobody is calling you an idiot if you don't/can't. You just have to be a little more patient then. That's all.

Maybe, you were jumping on the OSSN train expecting it to be much faster. And now you have to realize: it's not! So what? Adding your comments to every available slot doesn't make things better. Just the opposite. It takes extra time to sort them out since we have to focus on the user's initial subject.

Feel free to open your own "What I expect/what I don't like" thread, but please stop disposing your frustration all over this community.

What do you want to tell us, David?
That everything has to be in place from day one? For free? Of course! Built up by one programmer with just a little assistance. Not to forget a 24/7 support.

I didn't tell Abayomi that a person with only average skills is able to implement that, did I?
Simply note that OSSN was never meant to provide courses in PHP programming as it is not meant to teach fundamental administrator skills. We do our best to keep this project running, we are trying to help to a certain degree and we are adding new features. If we have time.

This can't be accomplished in a few minutes.

As a reference first have look at the 'signup fields' module. Here you can learn how to insert your additional user attributes into the database on registration. Next would be to extend the 'about module' to retrieve and display the new data. The last and most complex step is writing a new module in order to make these extra fields editable from the user's account settings page.