Where is all the documentation for components and such?

Curt Guldenschuh Posted in General Discussion 9 years ago

Why is there so little documentation? Just about every component I've looked at the docs are barely anything of consequence. Some of the components you can only look at and wonder what they do or how to use them...what all features do they have? To be honest some I've actually gone into the files and looked at the code trying to find out what all they are capable of. Please...if you are going to put something out there for the general public at least take the time to put together a reasonable document. Thanks.

Replies
German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 9 years ago

Hi Curt,

we very much appreciate your offer and just dropped you a line where to send your work to.

Anybody else interested in helping us with translations, more detailed descriptions or how-tos:
Simply let us know - you're welcome. :)

us Curt Guldenschuh Replied 9 years ago

I would like to offer my services to the OSSN family. I hope this comes across in the spirit it is intended. I do not mean for this to be demeaning in any way. I understand there are a lot of members here who's native language is not English. If someone is having difficulty translating their docs to English I would be more than happy to help with the translation. I am an author and I am also about to start doing some work for my publisher as an editor/proofreader. I started programming in 1973 so I do have a background in programming and preparation of documentation. I thoroughly enjoy and appreciate the OSSN framework and would like to give something back. Thanks.

us Curt Guldenschuh Replied 9 years ago

I'd be glad to help. I'm an old school programmer...started in 1973...so I do have a background. I have a couple years of Latin behind me and between that and Google's translators I can decipher most anything. Unfortunately, I don't speak other languages but I believe I can do a good job translating to English. I've also been an instructor for a number of years so I can generally make sure what information I put across is understandable by anyone in the audience. I'd love to be able to help. I really like the OSSN platform and would appreciate an opportunity to give back.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 9 years ago

Well,

some days ago David already attested me having a "language barrier". And in a way he's right. I need at least twice as much time finding the right terms in English, and most likely the majority here isn't doing so much better. On the other hand, program documentation IS requested/known to be written in English. And perhaps that's why we're often ending up like: Keeping things short or not writing anything at all instead of issuing stuff that may sound foolish, misleading ... whatever.

So, if you can help us with better descriptions: You're welcome, Curt! Drop us your lines by mail and we'll try to integrate your work.