Feature Request for OSSN 4.0: Edit, line breaks, readmore, order of comments

Claus Lampert Posted in General Discussion 8 years ago

I think that it´s already said, but this features are, in my opinion, important for OSSN 4.0:
- Edit activities and comments
- activities and comments should behave equal (for example line breaks in comments, pictures etc.)
- The "read more function" should be done in the wall- and comments- components, not external by a seperate component.
- when there are many comments to one activity, the newest should be visible and not the oldest

Especially for me it would be nice, when the "wall" is readable without login, but that´s not necessary. Perhaps I will make a script that creates a RSS-Feed of the activities and comments.

Replies
Afrikaans Lijo mathew Replied 8 years ago

auto redirect new register to login page or auto login

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 8 years ago

@Claus
The Readmore Component is basically able to handle more than just one (the 'post-text') hook.
It's not necessary to add any code to the comment module every time, the capabilities of Readmore have to be enhanced just one time instead. Perhaps, Sathish will be able to provide the necessary changes with 4.0. :)

in Sathish kumar Replied 8 years ago

I agree with that , but some people wont need the component . People views may differ

German Claus Lampert Replied 8 years ago

When I add the "read-more" - Component, only the activities changes, the comments stay the same. So I have to add some code to the comments-component manually every time the comments-component changes. Not the best way to implement such a necessary function.
P.S.: it´s not a discussion about der readmore-component but a discussion about the function itself :-)

in Sathish kumar Replied 8 years ago

> - The "read more function" should be done in the wall- and comments- components, not external by a seperate component.

nothing more difference , when you add that in core also functionality will be same .

edit activites and comments will done soon .

German Claus Lampert Replied 8 years ago

> this has already been fixed 6 days ago

You´re right, I didn´t notice! Thanks...

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 8 years ago

> when there are many comments to one activity, the newest should be
> visible and not the oldest

this has already been fixed 6 days ago in the current development tree
https://github.com/opensource-socialnetwork/opensource-socialnetwork/pull/603

(should be part of the archive you downloaded recently)