Error_log - Trying to install the video component in default ossn installation with ffmpeg-php

J W Posted in Component Development 7 years ago

[12-Feb-2017 17:25:05 Europe/Berlin] PHP WARNING: 2017-02-12 17:25:05 (CET): "Creating default object from empty value" in file K:xampphtdocsossnclassesOssnComponents.php (line 476)

[12-Feb-2017 17:25:05 Europe/Berlin] PHP WARNING: 2017-02-12 17:25:05 (CET): "in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, boolean given" in file K:xampphtdocsossnclassesOssnEntities.php (line 200)

Replies
Catalan James MacKay Replied 7 years ago

I have this working on windows 10 64bit (3.8 gig quad core processor with 8 gigs ram). You need WinFF from WinFF.org, you also need the phpffmpeg dll's (look for phpffmpegwin32). You have to put some of the phpffmpeg files into windows folder and the system 32 folder, the others in ext folder inside php folder (C:\wamp64\bin\php\php5.6.25\ext) Make sure you add the path to ffmpeg in the system path in windows, if installed correctly, you can run ffmpeg -version command in a command prompt... if you get no errors, you installed correctly. Also, when you configure your video and tell it where to find ffmpeg (put ffmpeg files into the bin folder - This is my location using wamp - C:\wamp64\bin\ffmpeg\bin\ <- make sure you have a slash after bin so it looks inside the folder.

Hope this helps you.... google is your friend. Search google for installing ffmpeg in widows.

pk Malik umer Replied 7 years ago

Is free version video components ???

German J W Replied 7 years ago

Oh dude!
I think that's it. Always something simple... Thank you !

mx Adolfo Carnicero Replied 7 years ago

make sure you add the last slash as Arsalan Shah mentioned, I had torubles with that too

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 7 years ago

The issue with component class is not critical its just a php warning, it has been fixed : https://github.com/opensource-socialnetwork/opensource-socialnetwork/issues/1022

Can you tell us which version of Ossn are you using?

> It doesn't give me a "found" status with K:/xampp/ffmepg, or K:/xampp/ffmepg/bin

OSSN is actually designed for Linux and in linux ffmpeg tools can be found in /usr/bin/ directory. The ffmpeg.exe should work on windows platform also. To debug issue, please send us following things:

1. Your OSSN version.
  2. Image of ffmepg tools directory. (Please try to print screen of windows , hiding taskbar).
  3. Full Path of ffmpeg directory.
  4. Screenshot of settings page of videos component.

Thanks
Regards

German J W Replied 7 years ago

thanks for your quick reply. Actually i still can't see my problem solved yet. I'm about to install the necessary components to get them fitting into my theme design.

I got windows installed on a small ssd and got an extra harddrive K: where xampp is installed.
It seems like tutorials or instructions for installing this on xampp are rare.
For ffmpeg i followed this instructions here. Through my Command line tool from windows i can check the -version of ffmep and it gives a positive result.

Unfurtanetly in my phpinfo() which i placed inside ossn in http://localhost/ossn7/themes/ep/vendors/phpinfo/ "ffmpeg" is not shown.

I'm still unsure where to place and link it from the admin tool the ffmep folder .
Linking to K:/xampp/ffmpeg gives me a status of ffmpeg.exe not found in ossn-admin.
( PHP 5.6.28 )

I'm using this ffmpeg source from here.
It doesn't give me a "found" status with K:/xampp/ffmepg, or K:/xampp/ffmepg/bin
where ffmpeg.exe is placed. I recently tried to save it in the ossn_data folder and it was found,
but throws the error message: [13-Feb-2017 06:20:19 Europe/Berlin] PHP WARNING: 2017-02-13 06:20:19 (CET): "Creating default object from empty value" in file K:\xampp\htdocs\ossn\classes\OssnComponents.php (line 476)

Is there anything else i need to care about when using ffmpeg with ossn?

Thanks for any help

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 7 years ago

I think you will need ffmpeg tools (not ffmpeg-php) once you installed it on your windows give path to videos component settings. Like K:/xampp/ffmpeg/