Adding a new page "FAQ'S" in the existing site pages.

Poonam Sehrawat Posted in General Discussion 7 years ago

I am looking forward for help on how to add a new page (FAQ'S) to the site pages. By having this page in the footer we can easily outline the FAQ's for the website for the users.

Replies
Catalan Gordon S. Replied 4 years ago

What I would like is for someone to explain to me, in laymen's terms, exactly what NEWPAGE 1.1 is used for, and how I impliment it on my site.

Croatian Slavko Srakočić Replied 6 years ago

To add new page Faq to pages footer (for me "..." is J:\awww\apl\dev1\zz\socnet\)

Create / edit (changes in more places) next scripts :
...ossn\components\OssnSitePages\plugins\default\forms\OssnSitePages\faq.php
...ossn\components\OssnSitePages\actions\edit\faq.php
...ossn\components\OssnSitePages\plugins\default\settings\administrator\OssnSitePages\settings.php
...\ossn\components\OssnSitePages\ossn_com.php - 3 places changes !
...ossn\components\OssnSitePages\locale\ossn.en.php
Site settings -> Cache -> Disable cache (then enable again to improve performances)
Configure -> Site pages - now is Faq button here, click it and rich txt editor Tinymce appears.

I just first time tested OSSN. Project seems excellent, code not so high level. Example above shows what should not be : we need only one place to add page link in footer or in some other place. Bootstrap and jQuery are big/slow, caching helps, but there are excellent css scripts 5 to 10 kB with everything we need. Are there any reasons for big/slow includes like Bootstrap and jQuery ?

Catalan Poonam Sehrawat Replied 7 years ago

@Zet, need a favour to add a component for this please. I have tried my best and was unable to add the page. i will appreciate if this can be worked on please and thanks in advance.

Breton CLAUDIO CAMPOS Replied 7 years ago

Good idea

Catalan Poonam Sehrawat Replied 7 years ago

The footer Links does hot allow to add a new page rather its just allows to add link to an external website at the footer. I just want to add a new page to the site pages like "Terms", "About" &
"Privacy" which can be edited thru the admin panel. I am sure it wont be a big job to write a simple component which will add a page named "Faq" to the existing site pages. Looking forward for a solution. Thanks

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 7 years ago

The Footer Links component could be the right choice.