Automatically add me when new account....

Anonymous Glitcher Posted in General Discussion 6 years ago

Anyway to make it where any new/registered account gets my account (the administrator account) added automatically to the users friends list?

Replies
us TL Matthew Replied 6 years ago

Would setting the parameters as suggested only add the admin as an automatic friend or every member? If only admin, would this have to be changed with every update? Can this just be added regular feature that can be toggled off or on so admins can decide if they want it or not, and when on have admin not appear on the friends list but be hidden? So admins have access to newsfeeds across the platform his way we can add ads to the newsfeed across the platform or to individual users based on interest and likes etc. Just like facebook.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 6 years ago

Ossn Wall can be set to friends, all, but admin always see the all posts, this is how it working till now.

About the friend adding facility, you can use following code (but will work with future Ossn version you may have to change your OssnUser call with following https://github.com/opensource-socialnetwork/opensource-socialnetwork/commit/6660a9e548d44c61c360dd216cd294e8b7c809bf )

Below is the component code for the friend system you wanted , remember to replace my_guid with the administrator guid:

<?php
function add_friend_init() {
        ossn_register_callback('user', 'created', 'add_friend_automatically');
}
function add_friend_automatically($callback, $type, $params) {
        if(!empty($params['guid'])) {
                $admin_guid = (int) 'my_guid';
                ossn_add_friend($admin_guid, $params['guid']);
                ossn_add_friend($params['guid'], $admin_guid);
        }
}
ossn_register_callback('ossn', 'init', 'add_friend_init');
us Anonymous Glitcher Replied 6 years ago

It would be more helpful as a if the OSSN wall was set to friends only or what not and the admin account could see who is online and everyone's posts, Yes I know there is somewhat of that in the Administration panel but don't crush my dreams.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 6 years ago

Anyone here who likes admins? ;)

But seriously: I wouldn't feel too comfortable being automatically "made a friend" of someone I might not even know.

Of course you can twist Ossn to build up that relationship by default with an appropriate component. Just not too long ago another user enhanced Ossn to send a mail to the admin when a new member has registered.

us Roger Ghostraven Replied 6 years ago

This would be a great option.