Anyone made a "Block User" component?

Rishi B Posted in Component Development 6 years ago

out of curiosity, has anyone created a component to allow a user to block another user? By "block" I mean that if User A blocks User B, User B is then prevented from seeing any of User A's posts, both on the newsfeed and on User A's actual profile (maybe even disallow User A from seeing User B's profile at all).

Replies
us Rishi B Replied 6 years ago

This doesn't work as it's supposed to. I read through more or less all of the code in the OssnBlock component and it specifically says that if UserA blocks UserB, UserB then cannot view UserA's posts or profile. This works correctly for the profile (a "user is blocked" page is shown - side note, this is not the best idea for privacy concerns), but does not work for the newsfeed page (UserA's posts still show up for UserB). I was only trying to achieve this for one user, so I ended up editing components/OssnWall/plugins/default/wall/templates/wall/user/item.php.

If I have some extra time I'll see if I can help make whatever changes would be needed to OssnBlock so others can have this functionality.

us Rishi B Replied 6 years ago

so how exactly does one do this? I don't see the functionality anywhere... unless it's a premium only feature. I see that there is a "ban user" premium component from Softlab24, but that isn't the functionality I want (that bans the user from the website altogether).

nevermind, found it. for anyone else wondering, it's next to the Poke link on a user profile.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 6 years ago

Hmmm ... yes, I think so.
According to Ossn's ChangeLog.txt this has been done by Arsalan Shah some years ago.