Ossn relection incorrect user count

Mark Lashmar Posted in Technical Support 5 years ago

Hello team!

I notice the when I was in the admin section the dashboard is not reflecting the correct amount of users listed, it shows "Users (354)" but according to the "My Ossn Info" data there are over 478 Users registered. Is there a way I could correct this on the dashboard. This must have happened when I recently updated from ossn version 4.6 to 5.0

My ossn info:
Version 5.0
Site URL https://www.(sitename).com/
Install Dir /var/www/vhosts/(sitename)/httpdocs/
Install Dir Owner(Id) [Perms] (sitename) [0750]
Data Dir /var/www/vhosts/(sitename)/ossndata/
Data Dir Owner(Id) [Perms] (sitename) [0777]
Data Dir Size 1709075717 bytes
Site Notification Email noreply@(sitename)
Cache State 1
Members 478

Thanks for the excellent support.

Regards

Mark

This topic has been closed!

[Topic is Close]

Replies
Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 5 years ago

Its just waste of time ..

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 5 years ago

@Arsalan
Eh .... well, what should I say?
It just feels like someone is calling you: "He, my car didn't start this morning - any idea?" And after one hour of guessing this and guessing that, he added "Oooh, maybe I should mention I removed the battery."

Such people do exist and always will exist. And all you can do is ask yourself: Should I slam my head on the table or get my a good bottle of wine? I prefer the latter.

Zuang Mark Lashmar Replied 5 years ago

Hello Arsalan Shah,

Thanks for the feedback, it is not an issue but more a question. If that is the case the best close this ticket. I don't want to waste your time in this small issue.

Thank you for the assistance and support.

Best regards

Mark

I am sorry Mark then there is bad news for you that we don't support if you modified the core files or touched the database, this will surely break the site. Please see : https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/704/should-i-modify-core-files

I'll leave the ticket opened until it is being reviewed by my senior team member ~Z~ Man for further comments in case or it will be closed.

Yes!

So you mean you added users into database by sql query commands?

Hello Arsalan Shah,

Yes, I did manually load the users into the databank as with the update this was not populated. I think this could be the case and could be the cause of the issues I am facing which make logical sense now that you have mentioned it.

I am using the default theme (goblue 4.4). No alterations apart from changing the background images and logo.

I thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I will now go back and try to restore the SQL DB.

Thank you for your assistance.

Mark

@~Z~ Man,

From softlab24 someone checked his site and then they found following:

The members counted under male/female graph are male+female (not count all ossn_users) so The missing members didn't have any gender entity associated or if its associated its value is not male or female. So here now it make sense for me..

Just helping questions:
1. Are you using custom theme?
2. Did you modified database?

Hello ~Z~ Man,

Thank you for the checking, I realise that it's strange as I pulled in the data from the SQL db and there too it is registering the high value to that on the dashboard.

I have the developers (Open Source) looking into the video problem (Videos 5.1) I am also experiencing which is not working at all although the server root link is detected.

Regarding the activation email, I did also get some uses telling also that they are not getting the activation email either, which is strange as the majority of users did get their email. I also did the test by resetting the password which works.

Question, would it be best to upload the last working version, ossn 4.6 and back up the SQL db, then try to re-upgrade or shall I wait for the results of the Open Source team?

To be honest I am not so concerned about the numbers as before the update the numbers were higher but this was just a question of interest for my sanity.

Thank you for your diligent support in this matter which I humbly do appreciate.

Regards

Mark