Safety features - is there any components yet? Or how do I enable the features for safety?

Audrey M Posted in Beginning Developers 5 years ago

Hi,

I was wondering if there any components of safety features?

Also, is there a way admins can see all private chats/all of the walls of everyone?

Is there also a report button I can add, to send a notification to admins?

Thanks!

Replies
us Rishi B Replied 5 years ago

yes, take Arsalan's advice and DON'T modify the database. If you want to check things out, I'd recommend using a graphical interface like phpMyAdmin and ONLY using select queries.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 5 years ago

Don't modify or try to use ossn database directly...for messages see message component.... otherwise it will endup like guy who inserted stuff into ossn database manually and things started breaking...

arg, I didn't mean to italicize that, I was referring to the table ossn_messages and if I don't use the "code" format it misinterprets the underscores.

Rishika, I don't know of any way to view chats through the admin interface (or a nice interface, I should say), but you could always check your database directly, which isn't that hard if you have phpmyadmin or something like that running. The table is called ossnmessages and as you'll see they are all stored in plaintext, meaning you just need to query and select whatever user id you want to view (the database fields in this case are messagefrom and message_to).

You can do the same thing with wall posts, but it's slightly more complicated. They are stored in JSON format, so it's fairly easily readable, but look something like: {"post":"Beautiful morning!!!"}
to find these records, the table you want to query is called ossnobject and you'll want to query for subtype='wall' and ownerguid set to the user id of the user whose wall posts you want to view.

Btw, my real name happens to be very similar to yours (Rishi) lol. =)

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 5 years ago

Hi Rishika,

simply browse the component sections of

and you'll see what is available.
There's the Reported Contents component you were asking for, but I don't know of any chat tracking component so far.