Will be there GIF feature for advertisements?

yunus yuksel Posted in General Discussion 5 years ago

A lot of people wants to sponsor me but I can't add GIFs. I only can add jpg and png. Any ideas?

Replies
us Rishi B Replied 5 years ago

yeah, it's the OssnAds component that's forcing the display of images to be as jpegs. Check out the ossnadsimageurl() function in ossncom.php:

return ossn_site_url("ossnads/photo/{$guid}/{$image}.jpg");

Edit the component to output the correct mime-type and it should work, because it seems to accept GIF uploads already.

us Rishi B Replied 5 years ago

I'm using 4.3.1, and I just checked the OssnAds component which seems to allow GIF files. Check components/OssnAds/classes/OssnAds.php:36: $this->OssnFile->setExtension(array("jpg", "png", "jpeg", "gif"));

I just kinda skimmed through the OssnAds component, but the only other place I could find that might be relevant would be the ossnadshandler() function in ossn_com.php. A portion of that function (around line 78) seems to manually set the content-type to image/jpeg, which may be causing you to see a static image.

If I were you, I'd spend some time looking more thoroughly at the OssnAds component as the answer is surely somewhere within there.

Turkish Yunus yuksel Replied 5 years ago

that's what i'm talking about. i can upload GIFs but they don't play or move.

German Tomcat Whalter Replied 5 years ago

enter image description here

German Tomcat Whalter Replied 5 years ago

wich version you use ?

in version 5 is not a problem except that the animation is not running

giftest