Friend Suggestion Component for OSSN

Daniel DeSouza Posted in Component Development 5 years ago

How possible is it for the OSSN network to have a Friend Suggestion component that can suggest a friend to you in your area or country or with the same like and dislikes as you.
Friend Suggestions!

Replies
us Rishi B Replied 5 years ago

fyi: the posted source code is for an entirely separate application that seems to just have a friends list and the option to post to a shared wall; it has nothing to do with OSSN. I guess the html/css layout could be useful if you want to write a friend suggestion component for OSSN, though. Unfortunately OSSN doesn't save a user's location by default, but if you're using something like the enhanced Bio component, maybe you can search for similar strings there. Matching up people by the same likes/dislikes would be even more complicated, but it's certainly doable, you just have to get the SQL queries right.

German Tomcat Whalter Replied 5 years ago

I think this was the wrong tip , this is a invation code for pages or postes .
Sorry my english is not so good ...

Friends' suggestions are not a good idea because some users may not like them and in many countries violate the privacy policy

German Tomcat Whalter Replied 5 years ago

enter image description here

You can look here for working Material for a App :

http://www.99points.info/2010/08/facebook-style-suggest-friend-box-using-jquery-and-php/

And my Forum for OSSN-Admins :