Help removing the group page title on a group page

James Seals Posted in Technical Support 5 years ago

Hello,

I'm having a little issue with the Group Page Addon. I want to move the group title and I can't seem to find out where to do that. I found in the profile.php line 59 - 61 is the php echo for the title, but when I comment out that code and refresh, it's still there. I checked out the ossn_com file in the OssnGroup folder and found something between lines 235 - 262, but still can't get that group page title to move so I can call it out somewhere else.

Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated.

Replies
German Tomcat Whalter Replied 5 years ago

another Tipp for you : rename the old profile.php to profile.old bevore you upload the modifed file , then you can go back fast

Here is the Link for the edited profile.php at my Forum . Please register for downloading with a real email . You must klick a veriffy code on email to can login !

http://forum.brahmsee-network.de/showthread.php?tid=535

And if you a cool guy , make me Happy and push up my usercount at :

http://brahmsee-network.de/

Sorry but do that yourself. I do not touch any other OSSN any more, have had a bad experience with it and have no desire to be there as Buhman. Two cooks spoil the porridge. Just delete the complete part, then go to the admin menu of the OSSN and delete there the cache and disable it best the same, because log off and on again. Should that still be visible, you may have to delete the browser cache too !!! I can Upload the edited profile.php for you too my Forum ...

us James Seals Replied 5 years ago

Tomcat, maybe you can help me with this and help me delete it? I would be willing to give you access so you can help me. It would be greatly appreciated.

enter image description here

I have delete the complete Part :

<a href="<?php echo ossn_group_url($params['group']->guid); ?>"><?php echo $params['group']->title; ?></a>

The Link to group is :

<a href="<?php echo ossn_group_url($params['group']->guid); ?>">

and the :

</a>

the name is in the middle of the Link !

will you delete the name , delete this part :

<a href="<?php echo ossngroupurl($params['group']->guid); ?>"><?php echo $params['group']->title; ?></a>

to change the position , edit the css file by :

padding: 13px;
float: left;

The Group Name is : <?php echo $params['group']->title; ?>

The Link to group is : <a href="<?php echo ossngroupurl($params['group']->guid); ?>">
and the : </a>

us James Seals Replied 5 years ago

I commented out that css code in the groups.php that you mentioned and then I commented out the following code:
<div class="group-name">
<a href="<?php echo ossngroupurl($params['group']->guid); ?>"><?php echo $params['group']->title; ?></a>
</div>

Line 59 - 61

But the group name is still showing up. I'm not sure what else I can do to remove this.

It´s managed by the part of profile.php by :

<div class="group-name">

and don´t forget logout and login after edit ...

and flush cache at admin area !!!

Its config at the css File : plugins/default/css/groups.php

I think is this part :

.ossn-group-profile .profile-header .group-name {
font-size: 14px;
font-weight: bold;
padding: 13px;
float: left;
}