Trying to add video background, but background image always comes back

Tom Cat Posted in Theme Development 5 years ago

Hey, i wanted to add a video background with the default theme....i have edited the correct file for the video, but css in the cache is always changing....is their a permanent location that i can change this......example...the video is playing in the background but the background image is still their...how can i remove the background image.......is it int he css, or php....and were? thanks

Replies
gb TalkToAi Online Replied 5 years ago

Sounds good, i was going to take a look at the ph7cms and take the videos from it and add to my OSSN dating site, will get round to it soon. Saved this post for future reference thanks for the idea.

Catalan Tom Cat Replied 5 years ago

So I went into the CSS file that you specified I modified that line and it worked I also added the video background to the CSS and it's all working thank you for your help you consider this discussion closed

Example when I open the PHP that displays the landing page in the themes or the one that's looking in the system you'll have a script for loading the logo xcetera so I'm wondering if there's one for the background image where I can stop it from loading

So when I search through to find out where the background image keeps game displayed from it was in the CSS file located in the cache folder the ossn css .... and so I'm trying to find a way for the system to stop trying to display a background image on the landing screen I'm not sure if there's a PHP file that has the code to load that script or if it's strictly the CSS

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 5 years ago

The original css looks like

.ossn-layout-startup {
min-height: 560px;
background: url("<?php echo ossn_add_cache_to_url(ossn_theme_url('images/background.jpg'));?>") no-repeat;
background-size: cover;

}

So, which file did you edit, please? :)

sorry i did flush the cache but still the same

i was going to change to the Flexi 1.2 theme i was hoping that the change can be universal

http://posa.darkhorizons.ca

if i delete or change the css below the video is shown or temp edit on browser you can see it

.ossn-layout-startup {
min-height: 560px;
background: url(http://posa.darkhorizons.ca/themes/goblue/images/background.jpg?ossn_cache=35526e2f) no-repeat;
background-size: cover;
}

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 5 years ago

Did you flushed the cache? What is your website URl to look?

And please come back with real world name!