Problems with the upgrade from OSSN 4.6 to 5.1

Mela Nie Posted in Technical Support 5 years ago

Hello, I tried to upgrade OSSN to 5.1 and followed the steps in the description. It's all new to me and I do not understand how it works. I've understood everything until to the point

Remove old Ossn installation from your site, except the folder named configurations and your Ossn data directory.

AND

Upload all files and folders from locally unzipped installation package to former place on your server.

How should I proceed? Must the data in the FTP be completely deleted, except for the folder Configurations? But what does that mean with OSSN data directory? Which folder is this and where can I find this?

Best regards
Mela

Replies
German Mela Nie Replied 5 years ago

omg sorry, now i have overwritten the configurations folder with the new one, I did not upload the new folder before. now it looks like it worked. many thanks to you two!

best regards

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 5 years ago

You have to also upload configuration folder.

Of course i did. I deleted all files except the folder configurations and finally uploaded all files from the update, except the folder configurations. wasn't that right?

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 5 years ago

Looks like you didn't followed the update instructions? Did you also replaced the configuration folder too. (not to delete configuration folder but only replace with new one) ?

ok, now i've uploaded the new ossn, but when i run upgrade.php i get the issue:

"Fatal error: Class 'OssnSite' not found in /www/htdocs/w0171602/bluebird.nothrim.com/libraries/ossn.lib.system.php on line 28"

Here the line in ossn.lib.system.php
26: /
27: global $Ossn;
28: $settings = new OssnSite;
29: $Ossn->siteSettings = $settings->getAllSettings();
30:
31: /

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 5 years ago

You may retrieve the location of your Ossn data directory from the file named ossn.config.site.php, located in the configurations directory.

Outsite of the OSSN Installation? I do not quite understand that. I have uploaded a screenshot of my FTP folders here. What folder do you mean?

ch David Exodus Replied 5 years ago

The folder OSSN Data is outside of the OSSN installation, and yes you may delete all folders except configurations. If you have customized some themes or components, i would make a backup and upload them afterwards to the fresh uploaded files.