How to get multi-image posts like on Facebook?

Allon Prooit Posted in Component Development 3 years ago

Facebook has the multi-image type post all of us are dying to have on our OSSN installations. I'm guessing this calls for a new component to handle the post. It would open up to a page showing the images in a linear scrolling format. Can anyone make some suggestions on how to make this a reality? Willing to pay good money for a fully developed component!

Replies
French Christian Gicquel Replied 3 years ago

I go back to this subject.
Not being able to attach several photos to a post is one of the reasons why my project is still in the testing phase.
From my point of view, it is an essential and unavoidable option that a social network must offer natively.

I think this question should be reconsidered

us Rishi B Replied 3 years ago

if you want to hire a developer to do this, I certainly could, but Arsalan is right - it will require significant mods to the wall component. email me if interested.

ph Sepiroth X Replied 3 years ago

Yeah I agree.. Such feature is like an essential today for social networks especially that people love to just post what they do in that very moment together with a photo or bunch of photos to share in the network.. It would be awesome if someone can develop one for OSSN too... :)

French Christian Gicquel Replied 3 years ago

I agree with @Allon Prooit. This function is not minor. It is widely used and very popular on facebook for example.
I myself raised this issue in a previous post.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 3 years ago

Lets see who can able to do that because I don't see any good reason to add many pictures in a post that is why a album was introduced. I mean i don't mind but it is a lot of work and requires editing of entire wall component.

us Allon Prooit Replied 3 years ago

As for a maximum number of posts, I've seen facebook posts with hundreds of images in them. I wouldn't put a limit on it unless you have to.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 3 years ago

With multiple images in post how many maximum images do you think it should be allowed?