Added AutoValidate component, now login page / site is broken

Keith Evans Posted in Technical Support 3 years ago

I installed the User Auto Validate component, now when I go to my site, there is no login page, just a long list of smiles / emojis. I disabled and then deleted the component, but it didn't fix the site. What can I do to fix it and get it back up?

The whole site is down, so it's pretty urgent.

Replies
German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 3 years ago

That's strange indeed.
Even more, since this is one of the smallest components, hence running out of resources while unzipping is very unlikely.
Honestly I have no idea up to now. The only way to find out would be to turn on Ossn error reporting from your admin backend, repeat the procedure and send us a copy of the corrupted language file and your error_log file.

us Keith Evans Replied 3 years ago

I deleted it and reinstalled the same version. It was still broken, but when I replaced the language file, everything was fixed. Maybe something went wrong on the installation?

<?php
/**
* Open Source Social Network
* @package Open Source Social Network
* @author Open Social Website Core Team <[email protected]>
* @copyright 2014 iNFORMATIKON TECHNOLOGIES
* @license General Public Licence http://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/licence
* @link http://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/licence
*/
$en = array(
'register:ok:message' => "Your account has been registered. You can now login.",
'account:created:email' => "Your account has been registered. You can now login.",
);
ossn_register_languages('en', $en);

that's the language of 3.1, and it's causing no issues here.

which version are you using for replacement?

~Z~ I re-installed the component. I need its functionality, just had to fix the problem. Once I replaced the ossn.en.php file, it works fine. :)

Thanks Keith.
And yes, because this is the only way trying to reproduce an issue like that.
However, I can't. With the same environment here Auto Validate Users is running flawlessly.
What I don't understand:
You said 'replacing the ossn.en.php file with a backup fixed it'.
But you removed the component.
So, how could you replace a language file of a component which is no longer in place?

Sure:

"Auto Validate Users 3.1"
OSSN 5.6 (Free)

Does this help?

Keith,
could you please EXACTLY name the component and the component's version which is causing that issue.
plus the Ossn type (free?/premium?) and version you're running.

Nevermind, apparently it broke the language file; replacing the ossn.en.php file with a backup fixed it.