Could not upgrade to OSSN 6.1 from OSSN 6.0

Eyad Tamer Posted in General Discussion 3 years ago

I could not upgrade, I go to MYSITE\upgrade\upgrade.php but I get this error:

Error: Call to undefined function set_time_limit() in /storage/ssd5/322/16783322/public_html/upgrade/upgrades/1633420776.php:11
Stack trace:
#0 /storage/ssd5/322/16783322/public_html/libraries/ossn.lib.upgrade.php(93): include_once()
#1 /storage/ssd5/322/16783322/public_html/upgrade/upgrade.php(18): ossn_trigger_upgrades()
#2 {main}
Please help

Replies
German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 3 years ago

So what?
Change to a provider with suitable resources and you won't have to worry about things like that.

eg Eyad Tamer Replied 3 years ago

But this is the first time it happens, I have upgraded from OSSN 5.6 to OSSN 6.0 before. Why this happens now?

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 3 years ago

No,
because this function guarantees that the upgrade will proceed til the end without getting interrupted somewhere in the middle which may have fatal consequences.

Free hosters disable this function for good reasons, because it's not acceptable that just one client would exhaust all resources which are meant to be shared with other people.

eg Eyad Tamer Replied 3 years ago

I think because I am using free hosting (000webhost). I will try and ask them if they can enable it. Can I upgrade to 6.1 without this function?

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 3 years ago

This is a standard php function https://www.php.net/manual/en/function.set-time-limit.php looks like your provider disabled this function?