Confiramation E-mail and Gmail

melo lobo Posted in General Discussion 2 years ago

Hello everyone
my question is about the registration confirmation email.
in fact and after having installed OSSN correctly on a VPS using Ubuntu 18.04 and after having obtained an email service from my hosting provider, I have tested with emails provided by email generator sites and everything is working fine. That is to say that I receive confirmation emails on these fictitious boxes but when I use real Gmail emails I receive nothing. I don't know if there is a protocol that is blocked by Gmail

Replies
Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 2 years ago

MAURICE please read all answers here

us MAURICE TAYLOR Replied 2 years ago

When people signup all the validation emails go to spam.

ma Melo lobo Replied 2 years ago

it's good ,the problem is solved, the messages no longer fall on the spam folder. it tooks a little time (24h) for the SPF (Sender Policy Framework) to be activated on my DNS Zone and for the Gmail server to check the origin of the emails. everything works correctly now and I receive the emails on my boxe immediately without any delay. thank you for the quality of your codes and the way you program I greatly appreciate your talent. Respect

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 2 years ago

Going to spam is a difficult task to take back to Inbox Gmail run different filters, based on domain reputation, IP reputation etc.

Finally I realized that the problem is in the SPF (Sender Policy Framework) which allows the server that receives an e-mail to ensure that it has indeed been sent from a trusted server. I added this entry (SPF) in my DNS Zone and it started to work but the emails fall this time in the Spam folder of Gmail.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 2 years ago

Since it's not that easy to debug/configure the MTA of a VPS
I'd recommend to use Ossn's SMTP client instead
https://github.com/opensource-socialnetwork/SMTP
This is working even with Ossn installed on a local machine in a home network

I don't get anything on the spam Gmail folder too